Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-04-2011, 05:34 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Domestic Water Pump(NO WATER) ??

I drained Fresh Water tank last week, Today I added 1/3 water in tank, r pump runs But will not bring it to taps, Is there Air in Lines, What To Do????
Thanks In advance!, I know SOMEONE will have the answer.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2011, 05:44 PM   #2

Fill the tank all the way up and try it so you have more gravity feed. If that doesn't do it then take the pump outlet hose off until it flows. I have a shutoff valve between my tank and pump. It is a ball valve with a lever. Is yours open?
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:48 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Is your valve that you used to fill the tank in the City Water position or is it in the Fresh Water Tank Fill position?

Some water systems will not pressurize correctly with the valve in the Fresh Water Fill position which then allows the pump to run continuously without delivering any water to the tap.

My valve was plumbed correctly so I can have the pump switched on but not running until someone in the coach calls for water while I fill the fresh water tank or anything else. My valve can be in either position and the pump will cycle correctly.

I am one of the the lucky ones in that respect.

Dr4Film ----- Richard.
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:52 PM   #4

There are valves near the water pump and by the water tank..Make sure they are open and that the water pump valve under the pump is closed..the water pump itself might be bad but I doubt that...you would have seen it slowing up before...you might also check the fresh water valve and make sure it is at city water...
bullydogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:55 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Mike:, I will fill tank & try.
DR, I have Three way valve, Up & Down Position fills Tank, Center is City direct, I have tried both Up & Down.
I Think Wife tried to flush Toilet before I put water in tank, Would that create an Air Lock??.
Old 08-04-2011, 06:11 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
If you do happen to have air in you water supply lines, by opening all of your faucets and taps, running the toilet, etc. it should work out any air that may have gotten into the system.

No such thing as an air lock in the RV plumbing.

Also, as another poster suggested, close the valves on each side of the pump and see if the pump turns off. If not, then you know that the problem lies within the pump and pump area.

Dr4Film ----- Richard.
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 06:24 PM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
What an IDIOT, I'am, Changed valve to CITY Water, WALLA
Thanks So Much Guys!
Old 08-05-2011, 07:58 AM   #8

Welcome to the club.....I am an absolute top ranking member....Trust me, you are not alone....Glad to hear all well.
bullydogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water