Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-15-2016, 11:16 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
followup

I made a mistake, I was thinking it worked like my heat pump in my house. I did read the owners manual and other related materials but still had doubts. Now having said that I was seeking information for help. I don't know who put you in charge to speak for everybody else on this site. I really don't like your approach you come across to me as a smart ass. I can assure if I am asking questions I need help and I have researched what I looking for and cannot find it and not asking you or anybody to researched anything. If you were having problem with me posting just don't let it get to you. You are just a person not a god that rules this internet site.
maxwell18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2016, 12:19 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Whatever....at least you now know how to use the A/C's and Heat Pumps on your coach.

PLUS, now you don't have to take it back to your "wonderful" dealer or deal with the general manager who always gives you a song and dance but no kiss.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 08:21 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club

In my experience, Dr4film has been a great help to this forum. More often than not, his comments and suggestions have been spot-on when someone has an issue. Never met the guy before, but I've always respected his input.

Perhaps your description of your problem(s) could have been more succinct. You had me and a couple other folks scratching our respective heads too. A heat-pump is never supposed to output air-conditioned (ie, cold) air when in heat-pump mode - only when it is switched (manually in the case of your Dometic, I might add) to the A/C mode. Maybe you're thinking of it simply blowing ambient/unconditioned (not heated or cooled, for lack of a better word) air. It is possible that you could have inferred from the Dometic manual that it can do both at the same time, but that's no reason to rebuke helpful answers. Suffice it to say that your Dometic AC/heat-pump can only do AC or heat-pump, one thing at a time. You may have an automatic system at home, but these aren't like those.

BTW, you also mentioned that "... The load level meter does not work on shore power, crank up the generator it works..." That's another system that is working as it should. You may not have noticed it working that way before, but you will only get an amperage readout when running on genset and not when on shore-power.

Please don't try to shoot the messengers, we're all only here trying to help each other.
RustyTools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 06:21 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyTools View Post

In my experience, Dr4film has been a great help to this forum. More often than not, his comments and suggestions have been spot-on when someone has an issue. Never met the guy before, but I've always respected his input.

Perhaps your description of your problem(s) could have been more succinct. You had me and a couple other folks scratching our respective heads too. A heat-pump is never supposed to output air-conditioned (ie, cold) air when in heat-pump mode - only when it is switched (manually in the case of your Dometic, I might add) to the A/C mode. Maybe you're thinking of it simply blowing ambient/unconditioned (not heated or cooled, for lack of a better word) air. It is possible that you could have inferred from the Dometic manual that it can do both at the same time, but that's no reason to rebuke helpful answers. Suffice it to say that your Dometic AC/heat-pump can only do AC or heat-pump, one thing at a time. You may have an automatic system at home, but these aren't like those.

BTW, you also mentioned that "... The load level meter does not work on shore power, crank up the generator it works..." That's another system that is working as it should. You may not have noticed it working that way before, but you will only get an amperage readout when running on genset and not when on shore-power.

Please don't try to shoot the messengers, we're all only here trying to help each other.

X2

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - 2008 Monaco Camelot 40 PDQ
Old 03-17-2016, 03:16 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
followup

I get the message and as I said I MADE A MISTAKE. I do depend on the help I get on this site. I want to thank everybody for their help.

Bruce Maxwell
maxwell18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic, ems, heat, heat pump, problems