Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-25-2012, 01:44 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Door Seal

Does the 2005 Signature have an air seal on the entry door.

If so how would I know if it was working.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-25-2012, 05:04 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Yes. Here is the info from the 2005 Signature brochure:

Flush Mount Radius Dual Pane Safety Glass Dark Tinted Windows
Front Entry Door with Air Seal and Removable Top Screen
Girard® Front Door Awning with Remote and Interior Switch (N/A: 40 Platinum II, 42 Chateau II, 44 Conquest III, 45 Castle II)
Keyless Remote Entry System with Pocket Remote Tinted Skylight in Bathroom Private Lavatory Window Topper Slide-Out Awnings All Houses
Girard® Window Awnings (One on Driver Side Slide-Outs with Two Windows; N/A on Passenger Side Front Windows)
Girard® Automatic Patio Awning (Extended over Front Door on All Floorplans)

I don't know a lot about it but on a couple of trips, I opened my door and the started to shut it right away and it felt like something was caught in the door. I then realized that the seal had not fully deflated. I think it inflates after you put the transmission in gear and there may be a pressure adjustment in the generator compartment. If so, be careful or you might blow out the seal. Maybe someone who knows more about it can help us out. I do know that I can not hear very much road noise from air around the door.
Barlow46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 08:48 PM   #3

The following is my experience with 98, 00, & 02 Signatures which all had inflating door seals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSkinner View Post
Does the 2005 Signature have an air seal on the entry door.
I would think your 05 Sig probably does have an inflating door seal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSkinner View Post
If so how would I know if it was working.
Start it up and let the air system come up to normal operating pressure, put it in drive, then it should inflate. Opening and closing the door with the seal inflated should feel different.

In the front passenger side of the coach(generator area), just aft of the MAC valve for the stair well cover are two regulators that are used to get the air pressure low enough(5 psi?) to inflate the door seal but not damage it. A nylon air supply line feeds the first regulator. This regulator looks like the tag axle regulator with the push/pull adjustment knob and pressure guage. The pressure out of the first regulator should be set around 20psi? It's outlet is screwed into the inlet of the 2nd regulator that is of the diaphram variety with a T-handle on its top to adjust the outlet pressure down to about 5 psi?. Attached on the outlet of the 2nd regulator is a 3/16" or smaller rubber line that goes to the door seal at the bottom front corner of the door. The line is cheap and should be replaced every 5 yrs or so.

We hope this helps?

Your results may vary
Old 11-25-2012, 08:56 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
lonestarace, thank you for that information.
Barlow46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:14 PM   #5

Steve, yes you have a air door seal. If I remember correctly it does not inflate until some specified MPH so checking it when staionary will not work. Your owners manual will give you the specified inflation MPH. If you get no wind noise around the door at speed then it is working.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:21 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
The bottom door catch had been replaced by a bolt which didn't have the outer sleeve ( so smaller diameter)
They were waiting on this part
I might just contact the service centre and ask them to check the air seal as I know the door was noisy on my way back from Jackson.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:29 PM   #7

My stairwell cover is what used yo make noise in my Sig because all the screws fell out holding the top onto the sliding frame. Once or twice we failed to close the door all the way and that was the only time j heard wind noise.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:28 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Canter
My stairwell cover is what used yo make noise in my Sig because all the screws fell out holding the top onto the sliding frame. Once or twice we failed to close the door all the way and that was the only time j heard wind noise.
DW just pointed out that the seal was shredded so I guess a new seal will be in order
Old 11-26-2012, 03:51 AM   #9

Steve, there are two seals. The outer one does not inflate.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:17 AM   #10

On my Beaver if I come off the road, set the parking brake, but forget to put it in neutral and try to open the door the seal inflation is strong enough to prevent the door from opening. Have to put it in neutral and give it a couple of seconds.

Can't say I have noticed it doing this if the coach has not been driven (i.e. if I just started it and haven't moved it), but have noticed it when stopping for fuel, so Mike is probably right about it having a trigger speed. I also get very little wind noise from the door.

Good reminder to put it in neutral.

Also like Mike, my stairwell cover used to be really noisy, had to replace the screws.
distaff is offline   Reply With Quote