Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-29-2014, 03:08 PM   #1

Door step won't open

I've never had an issue with my electric step on our 2002 Windsor. Yesterday, nothing! I opened and closed the main door several times, and nothing.
Any suggestions on how to start trouble-shooting the issue.
KCSAILS is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-29-2014, 03:53 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Of course check the fuses first. Then use a meter to insure you're getting power all the way to the motor. If power is there then the motor has gone bad. Had to replace the motor on my 08' Dynasty recently. Not too difficult.
Old 06-29-2014, 04:57 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
This link was a huge help for me. Maybe it will help you.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/chan...ew-151231.html
Old 06-29-2014, 05:19 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Try tapping on the motor near to where it attaches. The brushes are really short. These motors often can be fixed by disassembling and polishing the armature. If you don't want to do that, Amazon has them in stock and they are only held on with 3 bolts. Of coarse make sure you are getting power to the motor first.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
FMCA #341229
JacknKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 08:46 AM   #5

Send a message via AIM to Stevepkam Send a message via Yahoo to Stevepkam
My steps stoppeed working last week. Was the cable harness that had separated. Just pushed it together and it worked fine.
Stevepkam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 11:05 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Two thoughts. 1. Ck to see ground for motor is making good contact. and 2. Did this start after driving in the rain. I ask this because on our recent trip had problem with step extending after driving in rain and when everything dried out began working again.

Good luck.
kketterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 01:05 PM   #7

Drove the coach ten miles, and the steps working

Thanks, for all the great advise. I'll have to get under the coach this weekend, and see if anything is loose. As driving the coach seems to have fixed it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCSAILS View Post
I've never had an issue with my electric step on our 2002 Windsor. Yesterday, nothing! I opened and closed the main door several times, and nothing.
Any suggestions on how to start trouble-shooting the issue.
KCSAILS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 11:07 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
When my steps were failing, they wouldn't work when I picked it up from storage and when I got home, they would work. I thought it might be a voltage issue and that might be correct. It seemed the longer it would go without use, the longer they wouldn't work, util they failed altogether. Having a spare motor will insure they work too. Haha.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
FMCA #341229
JacknKay is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door