Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-02-2013, 06:32 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Draining Air Storage Tanks

Manual states "front and rear air tanks should be manually drained once a month or more, depending on operating conditions where humidity is high." I know I've not drained them since we owned the coach, about 4 year. It gives instructions on how to do it, but doesn't speak to any precautions to take.

Is this something that can be done while in a CG with slides extended and jacks down? Or is there a better way/place to do it? Any precautions to be aware of? Thanks.
dmason is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-02-2013, 06:49 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmason View Post
Manual states "front and rear air tanks should be manually drained once a month or more, depending on operating conditions where humidity is high." I know I've not drained them since we owned the coach, about 4 year. It gives instructions on how to do it, but doesn't speak to any precautions to take.

Is this something that can be done while in a CG with slides extended and jacks down? Or is there a better way/place to do it? Any precautions to be aware of? Thanks.
The only precaution would be to not have any part of your body in front of the exhaust port when you open the valve. When you open just watch for any water vapor or droplets coming out. I personally have never seen any sign of water & I expect that if you change out your air dryer canister every two or three years you won't either. The monthly drain procedure comes from the same mind set as the clean and pack front wheel bearings annually. Largely lawyer speak.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:48 AM   #3

Good assurance that nothing bad will get into the air system. I got lazy and failed to,drain mine at all and when I did I got a lot of water. I then realized that maybe that had something to do failure of the air pressure sensor in the front tank the previous month. Cost to drain tank, nothing. Piece of mind, priceless.
vraines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:52 AM   #4

I crack mine open every now and then just to see if any water comes out. Have not had any water yet which basically means that the air dryer is doing its job. If you do get water out time to check the dryer.
Lee0920 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage, tank