Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2010, 11:19 AM   #15

Texas Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Heartland RV Club
As a former th\ruck driver, I was taught to drain off the air tanks daily. Of course the tanks had the cables you pull on to do it. I also drained my shop air tank daily to keep it dry inside. Just my opinion, I could be wrong...
meworrynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-07-2010, 04:42 AM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MACRacing View Post
I also have a air drain valve inside the generator compartment. I am not sure if this would get water out of the tank however. I still use the valve on the tank once a year to make sure there is no water build up. Maybe thats overkill but it isn't that difficult and I go under the motor home at the start of the season to lube and check things out.

Mat
I can assure you that if you have a Monaco brand, Hr.etc. coach you should drain the air tanks at least monthly. The drains on most are on the front of the coach by the generator and on the hitch on the back of the coach. Granted some are luckly and get no water out of the front drain but there are some like me that get it pretty regularly. I have changed the dessicant filter three times in four years on my 06 Endeavor. If you do more traveling in the South area there is more humidity and thus more water in the tank. If you get water out of the front valve, then you need to change the dessicant filter. If you don't, your brakes could rust and freeze up. For those of you with SOB of coach other than mentioned above, I know nothing about them. Also note that the cayman or neptune does not have the drains where I noted but instead you have to craw up under the coach to drain them.
Bill
Old 05-07-2010, 06:23 AM   #17

My MH is a 2001 and it only has 14,000 miles on it and 41 hours on the generator. I know it had to sit before I bought it..
Am I suppose to drain the air tanks? If I do how and where?
LeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 09:03 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill2 View Post
I can assure you that if you have a Monaco brand, Hr.etc. coach you should drain the air tanks at least monthly. The drains on most are on the front of the coach by the generator and on the hitch on the back of the coach. Granted some are luckly and get no water out of the front drain but there are some like me that get it pretty regularly. I have changed the dessicant filter three times in four years on my 06 Endeavor. If you do more traveling in the South area there is more humidity and thus more water in the tank. If you get water out of the front valve, then you need to change the dessicant filter. If you don't, your brakes could rust and freeze up. For those of you with SOB of coach other than mentioned above, I know nothing about them. Also note that the cayman or neptune does not have the drains where I noted but instead you have to craw up under the coach to drain them.
Bill
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I use the front and rear valve you describe above to empty the tanks between trips so its at least monthly. However, since it isn't the lowest point, I drain with the other valve on each tank at the start of the season. Since I have only owned the monaco coach this year I have only drained off the tank valve once. No water. My other motor home can only be drained off the tank and would routinely have water so they were drained every trip also.

Mat