Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2016, 09:41 PM   #1

Driver shade

Is anyone else experiencing difficulty with one of the windshield shades? The driver side shade has quit working. Fortunately it is in the upper position. Any work arounds, suggestions? 2008 monaco dynasty.
Arby49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2016, 05:14 AM   #2

I am rebuilding my Automotion Shade right now. They won't sell the motor separately so I found an aftermarket motor and am adapting it. It is now re-assembled and I am hoping to test it and set the motor limits this morning.

Do you know the brand? If not, can you shoot a photo of it?

Seems the motors go in these likely heat related since it was a few plastic pieces internal to the motor on mine that failed.
vettenuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 01:20 PM   #3

I will try to do that this evening. Where did you get your motor?
Old 08-24-2016, 02:32 PM   #4

I got it from here---->RollerTrol

I used the TMDC-12-25-15-28-NR motor in mine. Set the limits this morning and its back in the coach working fine.
Old 08-24-2016, 04:23 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
I have an '09 Monaco Camelot that the motorized sun screen(not blackout shade) quit on us. There is no direct replacement that I have been able to find so I'll be watching this thread. Good luck!
relaxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 08:32 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I assume you verified that fuse F-57 is good, or that it immediately blows when you use the switch. Either of which would cause the visor not to work. This applies to 08 & 09 Camelot/Scepter.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 10:06 PM   #7

On my 05 Dynasty they had the original Carefree of Colorado shades, both had the tabs break, I ordered a pair of new ones there a new design, I tried to fix the old ones and gave up, hope this helps
RonD1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 07:42 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Called Monaco yet to get your datasheet emailed to you? http://www.monacocoach.com/ invaluable with all the mfg's, model #'s, and even serial numbers of most of your parts...

does it do anything when the switch is used ? not even a slight twitch ?

If mcd shades - they are very helpful --> MCD Innovations

I called and made an appt to go to their office and in an hour for < $100 they had all mine working fine. Rebuilt two manual shades, reprogrammed the front two, and even had 50 amp to plug in while I waited.
Old 08-27-2016, 09:28 PM   #9

I left Decatur IL a week ago. Unfortunately, the shade didn't quit until I got back to Texas. I did call Monaco in Oregon, but they tell me there are no replacement parts listed. I have not yet located the fuse for it but will eventually find it. There is a slight twitch when I toggle the switch, so not exactly sure what the problem is.
Old 08-28-2016, 08:23 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
the twitch indicates it's got power and I'll bet it lost it's programming like mine did. I think I messed mine up when I was lifting it at the same time as starting the engine and the generator when breaking camp because it had worked just moments before....

If you look at the very end of the shade (probably drivers side) there are two little wires with little pushbuttons on the end... these are used to program the limit switches.
the mcd site has instructions for reprogramming...

Being in the dfw area, I just made an appointment with the mfg and ran it by there.
good luck !
Old 08-28-2016, 11:26 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
When my shades starting failing I would have to give them a budge or tug to get them started. Eventually failed completely.

I too used RollerTrol and some EMT conduit to replace both my shades.
Worked perfectly.
Old 08-28-2016, 03:06 PM   #12

Thanks. I'll update later when I have good light to see better.
Old 08-29-2016, 07:17 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
the twitch indicates it's got power and I'll bet it lost it's programming like mine did. I think I messed mine up when I was lifting it at the same time as starting the engine and the generator when breaking camp because it had worked just moments before....

If you look at the very end of the shade (probably drivers side) there are two little wires with little pushbuttons on the end... these are used to program the limit switches.
the mcd site has instructions for reprogramming...

Being in the dfw area, I just made an appointment with the mfg and ran it by there.
good luck !
Mine did the exact same thing. Unfortunately after calling MCD we were able to determine my 09 Camelot wasn't built with their shade. So, still looking for a solution on mine. Hopefully this thread provides one!
relaxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 07:09 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by relaxn View Post
Mine did the exact same thing. Unfortunately after calling MCD we were able to determine my 09 Camelot wasn't built with their shade. So, still looking for a solution on mine. Hopefully this thread provides one!
Do you know the manufacturer? I had an Automotion Shade, made in Canada and repaired it with a new motor. My motor ran but the shade didn't move. When I broke, I heard something snap and later found several plastic pieces in the motor had fractured, likely due to age and heat. Behind the windshield is a pretty tough environment for plastic parts.

Tags
driver