Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2014, 02:15 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Driver slide nylon glides bolts loose

We have 3 hydraulic slides on our 2003 Monaco dynasty. On the underside of the drivers slide there are 2 nylon white glides. The distal end of the glides have come lose from the underside of the slide (1-2 of the bolts seem to have stripped out of the wood) and they have separated away from the bottom of the slide about 1/2 of an inch where to bolts let lose. Bolts are still there, rest of glide and bolts intact. There is no breakage of the glide on the outside, and looks okay on inside as much as I can see when I pull up carpet. The problem area is all visible when the slide is out. The other issue is when the slide retracts, it retracts in more (tighter) on one side than the other by maybe 3/4 - 1 inch.

We thought it would just be a matter of putting in a couple of new bolts and re-corking around glide. When I again checked with rv center that has had our coach for 2 weeks now, they still have not gotten to problem and are talking about needing 12-15 hours (at $110 per hour) to pull slide and "look" at problem.

#1 and most important. Has anyone had this issue and SHOULD THIS REQUIRE PULLING THE WHOLE SLIDE OUT???

As of the writing of this I have left msg not to do anything more till we go in to see them tomorrow to clarify things as we have a big trip planned in less than two weeks, and now not sure what to do. At this pace does not seem that they will be able to have it repaired in time.

#2. Is this usual in the rv repair world everywhere, or just in Ga where not as many available centers. It took two weeks from time of call requesting appt to date of appt, and then at least two weeks from drop off time till they actually look at your RV?
DMM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2014, 03:07 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Is it possible for you to post some pictures of your problem ? I think you`re about to get the shaft, which is usually what happens when a "repair" place has no idea how to fix your coach -- Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 05:19 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
I would post some pictures here. The knowledge that is shared here is great. I would also contact Monaco. They can give you some good info on your RV. You should have adjustable slide stops on the bottom of the metal arms for the slide (outside the RV). Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1407799029.651998.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	847.3 KB
ID:	70546 contact Monaco before adjusting to make sure this is what they recommend. If one came loose and was adjusted wrong it cause you problem.

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 08-11-2014, 05:36 PM   #4

I doubt the room has to come out but pics would help. What I have done in the past was bring the room about 1/2 way in then measure ans cut a couple 4X4 blocks to go between the top of the slide and the outside wall at the corners. They will lay right on the roof no bring the slide in a little at a time until it starts to bind at the top of the opening. As you bring it in the front of the floor will slowly raise up and often you can get the leading edge 6 or 7in off the floor so you can use a angle drill or air ratchet to remove the glides and replace them. Another option is to remove the interior fascia and put the room out past the wall and then jack the front of the room up.
1mainiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 06:31 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Pic of loosening glide

Picture of glide coming loose. May not work as not sure how to resize and attach pic on forum :(.

Hope this helps. Talked with Monaco technician briefly, all he said is possible slide might have to be removed to fix and if glides had to be replaced, might have to be made since it is a 2003. Did not get into adjustment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rvglide1.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	314.0 KB
ID:	70551  
Old 08-12-2014, 06:58 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Driver slide glides loose update

Thanks to everyone who responded, helped us have a more educated meeting this am.

We sat down with the RV service scheduler as well as the tech that is/will be working on our coach today and got a more accurate story of events. According to tech, he tried putting in a couple of larger "screws" to replace the loose ones and one held and one did not, so he will be "jacking up" the slide some to check on the status of the wood to see if the problem is rotten wood that might need to be replaced. This "should happen" in the next day or two.

If that is the case it means removing the whole slide to repair the floor and then repair versus replace the glides

Yikes,
Debbie
Old 08-15-2014, 06:46 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
I would take a close look and see if they can get a 1/8" or 1/4" steel plate above the bad area of the floor. Sandwich the floor and pre-drill and/or tack a thin nut on the plate so you can thread a bolt in from the bottom. May not be enough room but I didn't like their first try of putting a larger lag bolt in. What facility do you have the coach at?
Barlow46 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
driver, slide