Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2013, 10:48 PM   #1
YC1

Driving the Dream

Sitting in the RV park at Brazel’s in Washington. Making new friends and it almost seems like a waiting room in a hospital. We watched as the full bays delivered their days surgeries to the recovery RV park. The young men in the office were dressed professionally and every tech that walked into the office smiled and said hello. The office was full of enthusiasm. The huge TV screen scrolled information about their business and reminded me I needed a radiator flush. When the service writer took my info I asked if it was possible to add that to my services. No hesitation with his response, “no problem”.
So, tomorrow the home will have her wheels aligned, the radiator flushed, ride valves installed, and then I will know how much their fan upgrade and chip contribute to the HP and torque when it goes on the dyno.
For some history I replaced my fan a couple of years ago and picked up HP noticed in acceleration and hill climbing. I also found an improvement in mileage. The addition of the DIGI Tv chip really woke the beast up and the mileage improved even more. Driving today from Salem Oregon to their location at 63 mph my computer showed an average of 9.2 mpg. Not bad for an 400 ISL.
For handling I have added their sway bars and changed to the bilstein shocks. A huge difference in handling and pot hole recovery.
So, tomorrow some elective surgery should make this beast a truly roadworthy beauty.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2013, 11:11 PM   #2

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Took our rig to Brazils a year or so ago for an alignment. Took them several hours and on the test drive afterward the tech told me whoever was doing my chassis work was doing great and to continue using them. Told him I did all my own work!

Should have had them run it on the dyno though! I know what Banks says the kit gives but they're known for under reporting the figures too.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:39 AM   #3
YC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
Sitting in the RV park at Brazel’s in Washington. Making new friends and it almost seems like a waiting room in a hospital. We watched as the full bays delivered their days surgeries to the recovery RV park. The young men in the office were dressed professionally and every tech that walked into the office smiled and said hello. The office was full of enthusiasm. The huge TV screen scrolled information about their business and reminded me I needed a radiator flush. When the service writer took my info I asked if it was possible to add that to my services. No hesitation with his response, “no problem”.
So, tomorrow the home will have her wheels aligned, the radiator flushed, ride valves installed, and then I will know how much their fan upgrade and chip contribute to the HP and torque when it goes on the dyno.
For some history I replaced my fan a couple of years ago and picked up HP noticed in acceleration and hill climbing. I also found an improvement in mileage. The addition of the DIGI Tv chip really woke the beast up and the mileage improved even more. Driving today from Salem Oregon to their location at 63 mph my computer showed an average of 9.2 mpg. Not bad for an 400 ISL.
For handling I have added their sway bars and changed to the bilstein shocks. A huge difference in handling and pot hole recovery.
So, tomorrow some elective surgery should make this beast a truly roadworthy beauty.

Update:
The digi cr chip added 52 hp and 150 lbs of torque. I don't know how much the fan added because it is already installed.

So overall on my 08 400 ISL I picked up about 75 hp and and about 175-200 lbs of torque. And my mileage has increased about 1.5 mpg. Hill climbing is excellent.

With sway bars, new shocks, fresh four wheel alignement, and the ride enhancement valves I hardly noticed the wind yesterday and it really corners like a dream. Fears of finding a harsh ride with the enhancement valves was quickly forgotten.

Noticing a bit of road crown and cross wind has help me decide to reinstall my safe-t-plus because of the trim kit that allows me to compensate for those issues.

Of course the power added is at the rear wheels. Can't say how much at the crankshaft but based on the dyno specs I think their is about 60 hp lost between the engine and rear end. If someone has some insight on that it would be fun to put those numbers together.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:19 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
Update:
The digi cr chip added 52 hp and 150 lbs of torque. I don't know how much the fan added because it is already installed.

So overall on my 08 400 ISL I picked up about 75 hp and and about 175-200 lbs of torque. And my mileage has increased about 1.5 mpg. Hill climbing is excellent.

With sway bars, new shocks, fresh four wheel alignement, and the ride enhancement valves I hardly noticed the wind yesterday and it really corners like a dream. Fears of finding a harsh ride with the enhancement valves was quickly forgotten.

Noticing a bit of road crown and cross wind has help me decide to reinstall my safe-t-plus because of the trim kit that allows me to compensate for those issues.

Of course the power added is at the rear wheels. Can't say how much at the crankshaft but based on the dyno specs I think their is about 60 hp lost between the engine and rear end. If someone has some insight on that it would be fun to put those numbers together.

Who makes the 'ride enhancement valves' and are there different versions for larger coaches?

What was the approx. install costs?

Thanks
Old 08-02-2013, 05:54 PM   #5
YC1

comfort_ride.jpg

I believe the differences is for air hose size. The cost was about $175 each. They would be very easy to install yourself but the rv is very low with the air out. I am very happy with the handling of my rv. Coming down 101 on the Washington and Oregon coast the last two days has seen some challenging curves and rough roads. The trip was a breeze and no issues keeping it between the lines. Really nice.

Old 08-02-2013, 07:47 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
YC1, do you have the same chassis as mine?

So I assume its one per air bag?

On my RR8R Diplomat that 8 correct?
Old 08-02-2013, 08:31 PM   #7
YC1

I have 8 bags. I don't know if they put 4 or 8 on. I didn't actually look. The cost was about $1000 installed.