Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2012, 06:11 PM   #1

Question Drop down TV and In motion Sat

Newbie with 2005 Beaver Patriot Thunder
If the drop down TV over the cockpit does'nt work while driving...why would the coach have in motion satellite?
Cfyanes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2012, 06:14 PM   #2
Community Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfyanes
Newbie with 2005 Beaver Patriot Thunder
If the drop down TV over the cockpit does'nt work while driving...why would the coach have in motion satellite?
For the rear tv??

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 06:27 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifftall

For the rear tv??
Only thing I can think of, unless the OO didnt know its illegal to watch tv and drive
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:03 PM   #4

I drop my TV down before I start driving and I bypassed the power locloutfor the TV. When my DW is driving I watch TV. I also use the music channels on Directv while driving and don't need the TV down for that. It is a legal requirement on the TV being locked out while driving by Monaco but you can do what you want
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 04:35 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Canter View Post
I drop my TV down before I start driving and I bypassed the power locloutfor the TV.
Mike, I don't have the in motion, but is it not a little low? My TV would not interfere with my line of site, but it would be just above and in front of my forehead when driving.

Of course, mine is stuck in the up position again. I think I need a new sensor but have cancelled my satellite subscription so I don't really care! Don't use the coach for long enough periods to care and I have lots of books to read.
distaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:20 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
My drop down TV in my 04 Sig. stuck in the down position. I found out after it was repaired that you can hit the switch twice to reverse the direction. That works great, now it has been adjusted correctly. Try that and it might come down so you can adjust your stops.

Good Luck

Dave
Old 04-01-2012, 08:55 AM   #7

I found this particularly funny and frustrating. When mine wouldn't work the first time I called Monaco's tech line. I was very grateful that they answered and provided some info. There is an emergency release on mine. Monaco said it was on the passenger side, it isn't, it is on the driver side, but I figured that out. This is where it gets so stupid it is funny. They asked if I had driven over a bump, because that can jam the mechanism. I said I was in California, as in how do you not drive over bumps on the god forsaken mess that is the Interstate system. Imagine asking if you had driven over a bump, do these people all walk to work? I digress, he told me that I had to find a short round shaft that came out of the motor, and pull on it, then rotate it manually to lower the TV. Then he told me the best part, you can't get at it when the TV is up!

To get access you have to get hold of the cover and literally rip it off the back of the TV, so it is hanging by the fabric, then you can get at the release. No much wonder we hold RV designers in such high regard!

Thanks for the tip, for the next little while I'll catch up on my reading and walk my dogs more. No harm in that!
distaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:35 PM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Why would the coach have In-Motion Sat TV antenna..

Three letter answer: DVR

Stands for Digital Video Recorder

There are two of them in my rig, They are vintage Replay TV units, the dome on my roof is a "Dual" (means it has two outupts, and can drive 2 or more receivers) thus, since my vintage recorders can both control a DirecTV (or Dish) receiver, IF I were to get all 4 receivers I could record two shows (For later playback on either machine) and watch two more all at the same time (Though I could only watch one when moving, in the back)