Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2018, 07:44 PM   #1

Dry Rot 2001 Monaco Dynasty

I had a water leak at the rear top and down the floor of my drivers side window and it wasn't visible until the wallpaper started to wrinkle so when I checked it out the wood frame around the window just crumble is it fixable please help
alfredcycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2018, 05:29 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
sounds like the wood needs to be replaced. But if it's just an inch or two or rot around the edges of wood and you can get to it, you can try a wood-epoxy. There are several epoxies are made to repair dry rot wood. Such as https://www.amazon.com/System-Three-...43757675&psc=1
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 08:02 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Sure its fixable but it is not a easy job and the wall paper is impossable to find. I did the same repair on the passenger side, joining the wall board without it showing is the key to a good job and finding a wall paper that is not noticeable is also important. I had to remove the windows and build a new window frame where the leak was and join the wall board at the back of the window insted of trying to join past the window . When i did the job i also changed the carpet in the living room. This was done on a 2000 Dyn
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 05:56 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by walt2137 View Post
Sure its fixable but it is not a easy job and the wall paper is impossable to find. I did the same repair on the passenger side, joining the wall board without it showing is the key to a good job and finding a wall paper that is not noticeable is also important. I had to remove the windows and build a new window frame where the leak was and join the wall board at the back of the window insted of trying to join past the window . When i did the job i also changed the carpet in the living room. This was done on a 2000 Dyn
thankyou for your help I have started the job and its going to take a little time
Old 07-22-2018, 06:55 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
You might want to check where the roof and sidewall join , there has been a few leaks there caused by the slideout awning pulling the sidewall away from the roof because the screws that hold it together rusted into, if so this job sounds harder than it really is. If that is your problem i have a file on how to repair its also its a thread on this form with the procedure.
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 02:40 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by walt2137 View Post
You might want to check where the roof and sidewall join , there has been a few leaks there caused by the slideout awning pulling the sidewall away from the roof because the screws that hold it together rusted into, if so this job sounds harder than it really is. If that is your problem i have a file on how to repair its also its a thread on this form with the procedure.
thankyou I will check the roof joints you all have been so helpful
Old 07-31-2018, 02:09 PM   #7

wall paper

I was able to have a graphic store match my wall paper perfect. I took them a sample and they gave it to the guy who designs the graphics. A week later they had made a 4x6 sheet. Cost was about $100.00.
jburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 01:54 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburt View Post
I was able to have a graphic store match my wall paper perfect. I took them a sample and they gave it to the guy who designs the graphics. A week later they had made a 4x6 sheet. Cost was about $100.00.
Outstanding!

Tags
monaco, monaco dynasty