Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2012, 10:41 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Duo Therm Roof A/C Drains ??

Hi I have a 97 Windsor and the roof A/C units (Duo Therms) drain down the side of the coach. I took off the plastic A/C covers to see if the drains were clogged with something. I was surpirsed that I could not find any drain holes under the covers. I didn't open all the sheet metal under the plastic covers to look inside them because the compressor, coils and evaporator were exposed with the plastic covers removed. Do Windsors have A/C drains? Any advice on how to find them? Thanks Jim
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2012, 11:09 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97windsor View Post
Hi I have a 97 Windsor and the roof A/C units (Duo Therms) drain down the side of the coach. I took off the plastic A/C covers to see if the drains were clogged with something. I was surpirsed that I could not find any drain holes under the covers. I didn't open all the sheet metal under the plastic covers to look inside them because the compressor, coils and evaporator were exposed with the plastic covers removed. Do Windsors have A/C drains? Any advice on how to find them? Thanks Jim
To the best of my knowledge, all roof A/Cs just dump the condensed water on the roof. Where it goes from there is the path of least resistance. Some MHs have gutters where the water arrives at the front or rear of the MH. They make diverters which attach to the gutter that directs the water a few inches away from the MH....keeps the streaks off.
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 02:17 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Mine also dump onto the roof and then run down the side. One of them is orginal, and the other unit is new. In MD, the water ran down the sides a lot, but here in the desert it usually evaporates before it hits the sides.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:30 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97windsor View Post
Jim you would have to remove the AC to see the plastic drain box's a lot of them do get busted and leak on top and a lot of the time the drain line is plugged just remove the inside shroud and you will see two 1/2 or 3/8 inch clear plastic lines (coming from the two plastic drain caps attached to the bottom of the AC ) coming to a T and going to one clear plastic line down inside the wall and to the ground. On our Dyn it on the right side in front of the rear tires but Monaco put them in different places for different coaches.
While you are there check the 4 hold down bolts they are supposed to be tighten to 39 to 45 INCH lb, I put a dab of blue lock tite when I did ours, they are bad about vibrating loose.
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:55 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Some Monaco units simply drain onto the roof and some have small condensate catch cups at the corners (forward in our case) that catch the condensate and direct it to a drain to the front and/or back bottom of the coach. It is not difficult to see these condensate catch cups by looking at the gap between the A/C unit and the coach roof. If there is no gap between the A/C and coach then I think the condensate will simply drain onto the roof.

For info our past coach, 2007 HR Endeavor, drained onto the roof and our present coach, 2009 Camelot, has the condensate catch cups and drains to the front and back of the coach.

You can also probably take down the interior grill (the one with the foam filter under it) on the A/Cs and look to see if there is any plastic clear tubing you can see. On our units the right and left catch cups are tee'd together and then feed a single drain line which you can pretty easily trace to the bottom of the coach - look at a corner of the front or back caps. No clear tube drain line in the front and back then probably no drains.

Hope this is helpful, sorry I am not specifically familiar with the configuration on your coach.

Lew
Old 05-10-2012, 09:09 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks to all for this info. I am off tomorrow and will look a bit more under the inside grills. It seems like I have seen a clear plastic tube under the coach on the passenger side behind the rear wheels. I don't recall seeing any tubing up front. Thanks again!! Jim
Old 05-10-2012, 09:12 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
There aren't any drain cups on a 97 Windsor. The AC drains onto the roof.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 12:04 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vito.a View Post
There aren't any drain cups on a 97 Windsor. The AC drains onto the roof.
Thanks you have saved me the trouble of looking. Jim
Old 05-12-2012, 05:10 AM   #9

AC Drains

I just made sure my drains are working by useing my shop air compressor and all drains are ok. My drains are plumb from the roof to the ground useing plastic reinforced tubing. I just read this post and thought this may be helpful to you. Inside the coach where the AC filter is you can see the fittings where the tubing is installed.

Ron and Darlene
2002 Windsor
Old 05-12-2012, 11:54 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrs-ase-evt View Post
I just made sure my drains are working by useing my shop air compressor and all drains are ok. My drains are plumb from the roof to the ground useing plastic reinforced tubing. I just read this post and thought this may be helpful to you. Inside the coach where the AC filter is you can see the fittings where the tubing is installed.

Ron and Darlene
2002 Windsor
I looked inside the coach under the filters and didn't find any drains. Vito said there were none and I will confirm that. Thanks

Tags
roof