RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2018, 06:27 AM   #1

DUVAC 20 amp fuse blown when starting

Hello everybody. I am a new member to this forum, which I have found on the Internet during my research into my problem. My name is Graham and I live in the UK and I own a 2002 Monaco diplomat, 38, foot. She has an 8.3 Cummins turbodiesel with the six speed Alison gearbox. I have own her 4. 1/2 years. she is a beautiful motorhome. Unfortunately, just over a year ago. She developed an electrical problem.
This is exactly what happened. One morning I started the engine, she was running like a bag of nails. Something was clearly wrong. The accelerator would not respond. So I shut the engine off. Waited a couple of minutes. Then restarted her. She was running fine, ticking over nicely. Then I noticed I lost or instrumentation. So I stop the engine. And started the investigation.

What I found.

The fuse block on top the alternator which holds two 5 amp fuses. One for the ignition and the other one for the ignition accessories. One had blown. But I do not know which circuit. It was for. I am presuming it is the ignition accessories. As she started with this fuse blown. Replaced fuse. restarted engine. All instruments now working. except for the voltmeter and the tachometer reading 15 mph.

Further investigation.

I found the 20 amp fuse blown in the DVAC (DUVAC) holder inside the battery compartment. Replaced fuse. Voltmeter now working. But when I started the engine that fuse immediately blew.

When driving the RV. The tachometer reads a constant 25 mph. And the recorded mileage has stopped. I have checked both speed sensors on the gearbox. They seem to be working. And when temporary disconnected. Makes no difference to the tachometer. Very strange.

The alternator is 160 amp Leece_Neville 4800JB. I had this reconditioned. But now when you but the fuse in the DVAC holder. Three lamps illuminate on the dash. ABS, Low air " if the air is low" and park brake. Which goes off if you release the handbrake. Very strange.

I have checked just about every relay and fuse I have spent hours on the Internet trying to find a solution but to no avail.

So if anybody has got any ideas or has experience the same problem. I would be forever in your debt. If you could share your experience with me.

In anticipation of a response. I thank you very much. Graham

Graham P K is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2018, 06:31 AM   #2
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome to Irv2. I’ve moved your post here to get some Monoco Owner input.

Cliff

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 10:46 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Graham! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

You lost me waaay back! Sorry!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 03:33 PM   #4

The tach is driven from the alternator and the tach is RPM not MPR
oldguy70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 06:49 PM   #5

Thank you for pointing that out. I'd meant to say speedo. On tick over the speedo registers 15 mph. As soon as you start moving it registers 25 mph and stays there. also it does not record the mileage any more. This one is certainly turning out to be a challenge. But once again, thank you for the reply.
Graham P K is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuse