RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-06-2007, 05:00 AM   #1

Morning! We are thinking about a Dynasty 03 model and wanted some input from current owners of any issues they have encountered. The only thing that enters my mind is the windshield popping but that seems to be on the newer models.

The unit has 2 slides and most everything we need except a mid-coach TV (this was a deal breaker on a coach lower than this one) and the basement entertainment center. It has been suggested to me that the 3 slide Dynasty is a better buy so please let me know what you think!

Redeldo

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-06-2007, 05:00 AM   #2

Morning! We are thinking about a Dynasty 03 model and wanted some input from current owners of any issues they have encountered. The only thing that enters my mind is the windshield popping but that seems to be on the newer models.

The unit has 2 slides and most everything we need except a mid-coach TV (this was a deal breaker on a coach lower than this one) and the basement entertainment center. It has been suggested to me that the 3 slide Dynasty is a better buy so please let me know what you think!

Redeldo

Old 12-06-2007, 06:22 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Redeldo,
The best buy is the model that makes you the happiest. I would love to have the mid-coach TV with Front Kitchen, but the wife loved the Full Slide, sooooooooooooo
SacsTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 02:14 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Never been able to keep 'em both happy, so what's your secret?

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 06:07 AM   #5
Retired Senior Member

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ronboc:
Never been able to keep 'em both happy, so what's your secret? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahhhh, you made the mistake of introducing them didn't ya!
RonNBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 04:45 AM   #6

Our 02 Dynasty has 26k miles and the original windshield. I've got a stone chip, but never a crack.

Maybe the air suspension leveling is more gentle on the windshield than hydraulic ram levelers???

Many of the newer mid-coach TV arrangements get partially covered up with the slide in. That would not work if you plan on watching TV while on the road.
Les Stallings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 04:11 AM   #7

Have and 07 Dynasty and only problem I have had was with the wipers. No windshield problems. If the floorplan works for wife go for it.

When we moved up to this M/H we previously had and 00 Diplomat with one slide and I still like and miss that coachs fit/finish. Only thing I hated about that m/h was the j-lounge which I think is the worst thing ever foisted upon folks who enjoy motorhoming.

Very Respectfully,

Jeff
AAL747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 05:41 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
I've got a 2007 Dynasty (Diamond floor plan) and it's a great coach, rides great, plenty of room, could use a bigger engine. I'm going to miss it when our 2008 Signature gets here in Feb.
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 05:23 AM   #9

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">could use a bigger engine </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could you tell what the total weight the Diamond is and what size engine? I read somewhere that a coach needs 1hp per 100 lbs of weight. Is that a good guide? On the Dynasty I'm looking at it seems a little low but may not matter since I am not in the Rockies.

I also prefer the deeper slides than some of the Dynasty models. Do you think the slimmer living area slide makes things seem crowded?

Thanks
Wayne
Old 12-11-2007, 09:04 AM   #10

cb5300,
You and I are thinking alike must be that Virginia thing. My wife and I are looking at a the Sigs right now.

Redeldo, thing to remember about slides is look at the coach all buttonned up. Sometimes the deeper slides make it extremely difficult to move around the coach when slides are in.

My 07 has a 400hp engine (which is adequate) and the unit is a 43 foot tag axle.

V/R
Jeff
AAL747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 09:56 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
redeldo I don't recall what the weight of the Diamond is, but you can go to the Monaco web site and look into the archive info and get it. The Dynasty comes with the Cummins 400. I don't know where you are but if you are near Virginia and have any interest I'll be glad to show you my coach, maybe we might be able to work some type of deal...who knows.

VaNole, what dealer are you working with? You wouldn't believe the deal I was able to work out. My Sig will be here first week of Feb. I'm located near Roanoke. Drop me a PM.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:26 PM   #12

Hi cb5300, not near Virginia. Those Diamonds look quite nice but a little out of range for my wallet. Thanks anyway and wish I could!
Old 12-18-2007, 09:25 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
redeldo, you might be surprised at the asking price for this 2007 Dynasty. PM if you're interested and I'll give you the numbers.