RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-11-2008, 08:07 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Hi All,
While driving on California's rough I-80 yesterday to Vallejo the right camera cable jiggled off of the back of the monitor. I went to turn into the right lane and woops there was a "no signal" message on the right turn monitor screen. Oh noooooo, I actually had to use my right mirror to turn into the right lane. OOOoooo what a concept! Actually it was no big deal because I ALLWAYS use my mirrors. The side cameras do help me confirm that my eyes are still working though.

When we got into our site I spent an hour seeking and feeling my way through the spagetti and scratching up my arms getting the plug back into the plug-in at the back of the monitor. No easy feat trying to get to it all and feeling behind the monitor for the quarter inch hole for the plug.

My wife was judiciously looking up the nearest dealer to take it into while some blue words were coming out from under the dasboard. I think the threat to my manly ego was what made me find the hole to the back of the monitor and get it plugged in. I crawled out from under the dash with my fingers crossed and turned the ignition key to check the monitor, and sure enough, IT WORKED!! Another 50 bucks in deisel saved by doing it myself. (My back is still sore from patting it so much).

Good day All,

AKBrick

P.S. So okay....It's been a month with no problems since all of my warrenty work was taken care of. Does this count since I repaired it myself?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-11-2008, 08:07 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Hi All,
While driving on California's rough I-80 yesterday to Vallejo the right camera cable jiggled off of the back of the monitor. I went to turn into the right lane and woops there was a "no signal" message on the right turn monitor screen. Oh noooooo, I actually had to use my right mirror to turn into the right lane. OOOoooo what a concept! Actually it was no big deal because I ALLWAYS use my mirrors. The side cameras do help me confirm that my eyes are still working though.

When we got into our site I spent an hour seeking and feeling my way through the spagetti and scratching up my arms getting the plug back into the plug-in at the back of the monitor. No easy feat trying to get to it all and feeling behind the monitor for the quarter inch hole for the plug.

My wife was judiciously looking up the nearest dealer to take it into while some blue words were coming out from under the dasboard. I think the threat to my manly ego was what made me find the hole to the back of the monitor and get it plugged in. I crawled out from under the dash with my fingers crossed and turned the ignition key to check the monitor, and sure enough, IT WORKED!! Another 50 bucks in deisel saved by doing it myself. (My back is still sore from patting it so much).

Good day All,

AKBrick

P.S. So okay....It's been a month with no problems since all of my warrenty work was taken care of. Does this count since I repaired it myself?

Old 09-11-2008, 08:41 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
I can tell that I'm still not use to the side views from the camera because my heart skips a beat when I don't see the toad.
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 08:57 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Bob,
You should have seen the look on my face when I made my first turn off of Gauranty RV's lot after our purchace. They had the side camera's cables crossed on the back of the monitor. Boy, now THAT was confusing!

AKBrick
Old 09-13-2008, 07:40 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I dont use mine that much, still a mirror guy. Tried them on our last trip and didnt notice he difference.
Old 09-14-2008, 03:38 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I like to keep my rear camera on all the time so that I can see when the toad clears the vehicle that I am passing. I use both the mirrors and the right camera. The left camera does not show anymore than you can see with the mirror and yours eyes but the right camera covers a blind spot around the door that is not covered by the mirror. I installed an additional monitor mounted with a ram mount above the OEM monitor that I keep on the right camera. It has AV1 and AV2 inputs so the left camera can be selected if desired.

Bob

nodine is offline   Reply With Quote