Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2019, 03:09 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by shootist View Post
The engine brake kicking the cruise out was done for safety. Your foot on that switch means you want to slow down, bouncing your foot once or twice and having the cruise trying to engage and accelerate you would not be good.
I see what you mean with the foot switch. My 2000 Diplomat had a console switch for the exhaust brake (no foot switch), and worked the 'opposite' of my Dynasty. That is: putting it in cruise shut the engine brake if that switch was on, but taking it out of cruise automatically resumed the engine brake. I can understand how one would not want that situation with a momentary-foot switch.

For the first few years I had the Dynasty I wanted to change it to the way my Dip worked.... now I'm too used to it.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-22-2019, 11:35 AM   #16

I am think of installing the rocker. I really don't like the foot pedal. Drove truck in Alaska when I was young and it still in me as a preference.
shootist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 05:17 PM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
RamiDav

In the front run box, I have three fuse panels. The solenoid we replaced was hooked up to the third fuse panel. When testing the voltage on the fuse panels, we noticed a drop in the voltage between the top of the fuse panel and the bottom when we switched the key on and then turned the cab air on. It was an 8 volt drop. This is why the blower and wipers did not work. There are two solenoids in the run box. On our 2003 Executive, we replaced the lower solenoid.
lgdillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 06:39 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgdillon View Post
RamiDav

In the front run box, I have three fuse panels. The solenoid we replaced was hooked up to the third fuse panel. When testing the voltage on the fuse panels, we noticed a drop in the voltage between the top of the fuse panel and the bottom when we switched the key on and then turned the cab air on. It was an 8 volt drop. This is why the blower and wipers did not work. There are two solenoids in the run box. On our 2003 Executive, we replaced the lower solenoid.

Thanks you for the feed back .
This has been a great thread with a great outcome. We will probably never know of the help others will get when reading this .
Any news on the cruise control ?
RamiDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 07:15 AM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
We have tested the VIP Smart Wheel control module and it is functioning properly. Our next move is to have a Cummins repair facility hook up to the engine and see if there is an issue with the cruise control function. We leave Colorado on October 1st so our plan is to do this on our way to Tennessee. Once we do get it figured out, I will post what needed to be done to fix it.
lgdillon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, electrical