RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-29-2007, 09:27 AM   #1

01 Monaco knight for some reason, i'm having electrical problems. the coach was parked for about 3 months and now the electrical system partially works. the on;y AC i have is at the microwave outlet in the cabinet. electric water heater works and both air cond. units work. all other outlets are dead. this is the same with generator and plugged into shore power. refrig. does not work on AC but does work on LP. I don't have a clue as to what to look at. already checked the main breakers and sub breakers and all have been reset and no change. don't know where else to look.

john

johnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2007, 09:27 AM   #2

01 Monaco knight for some reason, i'm having electrical problems. the coach was parked for about 3 months and now the electrical system partially works. the on;y AC i have is at the microwave outlet in the cabinet. electric water heater works and both air cond. units work. all other outlets are dead. this is the same with generator and plugged into shore power. refrig. does not work on AC but does work on LP. I don't have a clue as to what to look at. already checked the main breakers and sub breakers and all have been reset and no change. don't know where else to look.

john

Old 12-29-2007, 10:12 AM   #3

johnm,
Have you reset the circuit breakers on the front of the invertor?
If you haven't then check them. Your invertor is in one of the outside storage hatches, probably the rear most on the passenger side. There should be two circuit breakers on the front of the invertor. One I believe is dedicated for the microwave and the other is for all the receptacles.
Ours has tripped several times in the last two years. Happens when you overload the system for whatever reason. I found it the hard way one time by exhausting all other searches and finally talking to the Monaco tech's on the phone.
Give it a look and let us know if it worked.
Letsgoagain
Old 12-29-2007, 10:21 AM   #4

this is a cheapie coach. it doesn't have an inverter; ..assuming you mean so i can use AC without the gen being on.. the battery charger is working OK, too.
Old 12-29-2007, 10:39 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Do a quick check of the GFCI outlet, usualy in the bathroom. Just make sure the reset button is "in".

Keep us posted, ....
-Corkey

2008 HR Endeavor (DIP) PDQ
Corkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 10:43 AM   #6

johnm,
Most coaches inverters's can't power the air conditioners. They require to much power and would quickly deplete the batteries.
I'm not trying to insult your intelligence but are you sure there's not a inverter? I believe the inverter is sometimes a combination unit(inverter/converter) with it performing the functions of DC to AC on the inverter side and AC to DC on the converter side. Someone will come along shortly and correct me if I have that description wrong. I did look at your year model on the Monaco sight and find that the inverter is an option like practically all models of that year an later so you might not have one.
If you coach doesn't have one then have you tryed the obvious like checking to see if the GFCI is tripped. Should be one on the bathroom receptacle and perhaps a kitchen or outside receptacle as well.
Other then that I can't think of any other suggestions to help other then look at a common link for the receptacles. They are linked in a series. One goes and they all go except the microwave which is on a separate power feed
If all else fails give Monaco technical services a call. I have found them to be very helpful and they will always return a call. Ususally on the weekends someone carries a beeper. You can call and leave a number and they will get back with you.
Keep us posted.
Letsgoagain
Old 12-29-2007, 11:14 AM   #7

OK... one mans obvious is anothers duhhhhh. the GFI was it. wife sez if my tucus wasn't attached i'd forget that someplace. too many years of boozin busted my brain (seriouslly).

now on to my other problem. the rear slide operates with difficulty. i have the drive unit opened up ands have metal shavings inder the bevel gears. going to have to find the name of the gears and get some on order.

thanks for all the help...

on edit
there are no names on the drive unit or the gears, so guess i gotta call monaco to get replacements.
jm