Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-18-2019, 08:25 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Electronic heated floor, interupted line from breaker

Hi All,
We have a 2009 Monaco Dynasty Regal IV. It has electric heated floors in the living area and the back bathroom. The thermostat is a Sun Touch 500675 not programable. I am not sure of the manufacture of the mats. My living area floors stopped working on Wednesdays. I talked to Sun Touch, and they thought it might be the thermostat, so they started to walk me through how to test the resistance to make sure the mats in the floor were not bad. I took off the cover etc. and found that the load side of the wiring was all burned. We cut the wires and made new connections, turned on the breaker and now no power on the line side. Checked the breaker and had power on both sides of the breaker when on. It is not tripping the breaker so does not appear to be a short only open. Does anyone have any ideas? Is there some kind of a relay that needs to be reset?
Thanks
Bill
Michbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-18-2019, 09:39 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Bill,
On my Dynasty, there is a current splitter for the front and back floor heating.
The living area is supplying current to the floor heating and the central vacuum. The rear one is connected to the floor and dryer.

So these relays will give preference to the floor heating but if you start the vacuum or the dryer, it will then stop heating the floor...

Those relays are located in the rear big electrical panel at the bottom and are about 4 inches square with multiple 120volts wire going in.

I bet one is blown.

I found one on Amazon last year.
Good luck
Dynasty_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 06:38 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Michel, Thank you for your help.

Do you mean the relays are located in the run box in the engine compartment? The relays I see have no identification on then indicating what they go to. They all seem to be the kind the the leg will extend down if tripped. None seem tripped. They all refer to max 42 volts DC.

Or are you refering to the fuses etc. in the closet in the bathroom?
Thanks
Bill
Old 01-19-2019, 07:43 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Michel, I think I found what your talking about in the closet at the back of the coach. there are three. How did you know which one? When I look inside I don't see any issue.

Thanks Bill
Old 01-19-2019, 12:00 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Bill,
the board is called Intellitec 00-00714-000 Auto Energy Selector Module and here is the link to amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Intellitec-00...ll-spons&psc=1

I changed mine because it was clicking continuously.

I had a paper label on it that said something like " Floor heating + Dryer"

I did not see any issue either but by comparing with the other module, I was able to see current going trough one leg of the wires and when starting Vacuum cleaner it was then going trough the other...

I have attached a diagram of how the module works with a Primary load and a Secondary.

I hope it will help you
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 38031173 (Schematic, Power Management, A.E.pdf (72.3 KB, 51 views)
Old 01-20-2019, 06:42 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Michel,
Thank you. Your information has been a big help.

I have shut off the breaker that controls the living area floor. I am waiting until I hear back from the mat manufacturer (Warmly Yours, I think, because I do not have any documents that tell me) to find out a way to test the mat to make sure I did not damage the mat. I am still concerned that the black wire on the load side was burned and the nut was melted. I hope they can put my mind at rest. Do you know whos mats you have?

When you tested the box you must have had the power on and using a volt meter turned the breakers on and off to find the correct one right? I do not hear a clicking sound at the box when I turn the breaker on.
The diagram must have come from Monaco. I have contacted REV Group for information about the coach and been told sorry we did not build that coach and we do not support legacy products.

I did not realize how much I counted on the heated floor just to take the "chill" off. We are currently at Disney's Fort Wilderness campground in Fl. so it does not really get cold, like MI.

If there are any other testing suggestions that I could do that your aware of that would be great.

Thanks again. Bill
Old 01-20-2019, 09:05 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Bill,
I don't know the manufacturer of the mat in mine but Monaco was using leftovers to build the coaches at this time of their life!

I have a Goldheat thermostat in mine. Here's a link showing how to test floor
https://warmupedia.warmup.com/questi...ance-readings/

Rev is a piece of ?%$/* for supporting those coaches. They don't understand that by giving proper support (I'm sure they kept copies of the Wiring diagram and such) people would be looking at a REV product when it's time to change.

Did you get a box full of documents when you bought the coach? I found a CD in my box with all the diagrams for the coach. Unfortunately, it'S for 08 but it helps!

Here's what I would do if I were you:
- Disconnect wires going to the Thermostat
- Check to see if the mat is shorted (0 ohms) if shorted, do not put breaker on
- Put breaker on and check for 120 volts going to the thermostat
- If no voltage, check for voltage going to all your ACS modules in the storage closets and try to find the one controlling your front floor heating
- On the box, there is three wires (Look at the diagram),
-- the 120 input (left)
-- the secondary load (Middle)
-- the primary load (right)
- You should see voltage at the input and voltage at the Primary load I assume your primary load would be the Floor heating and Secondary Central Vac. (That's what it is on mine)
- If there is no voltage coming in the box, then you have a problem between the breaker and the box (I doubt)
- If there is no voltage on either the primary or secondary, I would suspect the AES module, specially since you mention that one of the wire was burned.

Of course, take all precautions while working on electricity.

Hoping it helps.

I hope your weather at your place today since I have a temp of 0°F and expecting a foot of snow today…
Old 01-21-2019, 06:20 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Michel,
Thank you. I will test the mats via the link you sent. I will also test using the other information you provided.
Is there a difference between ACS and AES modules?

I am glad I am in Florida. My Michigan address was 0 with wind chill of -25 and at least 6-8" of BLOWING snow.

Thanks
Bill
Old 01-21-2019, 07:40 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michbill View Post
Michel,
Thank you. I will test the mats via the link you sent. I will also test using the other information you provided.
Is there a difference between ACS and AES modules?

I am glad I am in Florida. My Michigan address was 0 with wind chill of -25 and at least 6-8" of BLOWING snow.

Thanks
Bill
Oups, no finger problems. I mean AES.
I've got to go shovelling my foot of snow...
Old 01-22-2019, 06:37 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Michel, Thanks again. I tested mats per the video. I could not get a reading at 200 ohms but at 2000 ohms it was 11. The both to ground was 1. I am waiting for Warmup to contact me back and see if that is within acceptiable range or if it mean the floor mats are toast. Bill
Old 01-22-2019, 01:02 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Bill,

if you measured 11 ohms on the mat, I would say it's probably OK since it would equal to about 10 amps and that should not be too high and it gives roughly 1000 watts for the floor.

I'm really suspecting the AES…

Do you have any other thing not working, ie: Central vac???
Old 01-22-2019, 05:55 PM   #12

I have a 09 Dynasty Regal IV and the floor heat was intermittent. The system is made by Goldheat and our problem was the control/thermostat. I will agree that 11 ohms should be good on your mats. 0 is bad. A loose connection could have caused your "burn". 10 amps in a loose connection can cause some heat. We had a lot of info come with the coach, bought it used, which we found in a file box under the bed. As luck would have it there is nothing on the Goldheat. I had REV in coburg check it out while in there getting the dreaded Kongsberg roadside chassis multiplex fixed. I would think unless you had a serious crack in your floor tiles the mats should be good for the long haul.
About REV's customer service on the old coaches, they suck. We are just the bastard redhaired step children it seems. I have gotten direct phone numbers to a couple supervisors in Indiana after doing some serious complaining about their customer service, and that helps when trying to get answers to technical questions. As far as electrical diagrams from them or anything else, good luck. You could try the Monacoers group on Yahoo, they have some very knowledgeable people over there. Good luck, hope ya get it fixed. I hope you love the coach as much as we love ours, in spite of REV.

Roadmiester
09 Dynasty Regal IV
45 ft., tag axle, ISM500
Roadmiester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 09:14 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Michel and Roadmiester,

Thank you for the information. It has been very helpful. I have to do a little more testing to know which AES in bad. I will then order one and put it in. Hopefully that will fix the issue. As far as I can tell I do not have any other things not working but I will check each one to make sure.
Thanks Bill
Old 01-23-2019, 03:44 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michbill View Post
Michel and Roadmiester,

Thank you for the information. It has been very helpful. I have to do a little more testing to know which AES in bad. I will then order one and put it in. Hopefully that will fix the issue. As far as I can tell I do not have any other things not working but I will check each one to make sure.
Thanks Bill
It's possible to have an AES with only one unit connected to it. It's easier to do the same wiring harness and install the AES just in case...
If it's the case, then I would just install a jonction box.

Tags
breaker, floor, heat