Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2015, 10:33 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
We finished our third visit to Elite last week. As with the first two we are very happy with their work. Mark totally rebuilt the flexible drain connections of the galley and vanity slides on our SIG which have been problems since we got the coach 3 years ago. We also had them remove the propane tank and line that area to give us another storage bay. (We replaced the propane cooktop with a True Wave induction cooktop and already had a residential frig .)
super_rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2015, 01:14 PM   #16

Based on the positive comments I read on this board regarding Elite I have entrusted my recently purchased 07 Camelot to Eric and the team at Elite. That 'nice looking tan coach" referred to above is mine and I am cautiously optimistic that my list of issues will be addressed. Initial impression, these guys are more interested in working on a coach than being on top of their website. I get that, and I have been impressed thus far with the verbal communication and apparent knowledge about my coach. I will provide additional feedback once I pick up the coach and anticipate providing another positive review.
Andersku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 04:42 PM   #17

I wanted to follow up with a post about our experience with Elite R&R in Harrisburg, OR and our 2005 Monaco Dynasty. We had a list of needed repairs and learned of a few more while there. During our time there, we met all three techs/owners; Marty, Eric, and Mark. All three were professional, friendly, and knowledgeable. We arrived early the first day and spent some time with Marty going over our repair list. We had known issues with three of our four slides. The PS main slide was making metallic clunking sounds, not closing all the way (we would have to push it in the last inch or so), and leaving black plastic specks on the living room carpet, and a black roller mark on the kitchen tile. The DS main slide was leaving white shavings behind on the rear corner, and had a torn seal. And finally, the bedroom PS slide would creep in intermittently. We also had a leak in the flexible drain connection in the kitchen, a disintegrating thermal sleeve on the Aqua Hot exhaust pipe, and wanted to have the rooftop A/C's serviced.

Marty inspected the areas of concern and made some repair recommendations. When we came back at the end of the first day, a good majority of the work had been completed. We were able to take the coach “home” that night and brought it back the next day so they could continue the work. We stayed at a nice County park (Armitage) about 20 minutes away. Elite graciously has an electrical hook up for customers to use; but we decided to stay at the campground instead.

Marty explained that some of the plastic rollers that are part of the chain in the PS slide were broken. The floor roller toward the opposite end had been previously adjusted with too much pressure causing the markings on the floor and consequently causing the bolts to break which had the roller askew and dragging instead of rolling. After readjusting the roller, we noticed the slide wasn't sitting square in the frame (one side was lower than the other – easily seen when closed), and one side extended out ¾” more than the other. After investigating, they found that the adjustment set bolts were never put in place at the time of the initial factory installation, allowing the slide to drop on the one side. Marty concluded that the extreme pressure he originally saw on the floor roller was someone’s earlier attempt to address the symptom without addressing the cause. Elite addressed the cause of the problem by loosening the existing mounting/adjustment bolts, jacking up the slide, reinstalling the mounting bolts, and installing the "missing" set bolts to pin the slide mechanism in position (not a simple job). This corrected the slide alignment issues and the slide works great now.

They installed the new seal on the DS slide and explained to us the flakes we were seeing were filon material from the bottom of the slide. So we opted to have the stainless steel skis installed on the bottom of the slide as a precautionary measure in hopes of alleviating a future problem.

Marty replaced the flexible drain hose and connectors in the kitchen; they had started to break loose from the fittings and had had a subpar repair job done on it in the past (prior to us owning the coach).

They serviced all three A/C units and replaced one of the covers, which had been cracked a few months prior in an unfortunate flying umbrella incident. They replaced the full length of AquaHot thermo sleeving and inspected the pipe for damage.

Marty asked us if we had noticed a hesitation with the bedside slide. My wife had been noticing this for a while, and I had noticed grease under the gears under the bed. Marty said the gears of the motor were ready to give up the ghost, and that the motor should be replaced. We had him order a new motor.

The bedroom cabinet side slide’s creeping-in issue was a bad solenoid. Since the solenoids should be replaced in pairs, two were ordered.

The motor and solenoids would arrive the middle of the following week, which was ok for us since our plans in Oregon were open ended. We returned to Elite for a short appointment the following week for the motor and solenoid install.

So far, so good, with the repairs. We really felt the team at Elite lived up to their mission of quality work. We also felt our experience with them was very interactive; they answered all our questions and freely shared their knowledge of Monaco coaches with us. Marty, Eric, and Marc worked very quickly and knew what they were doing. We would highly recommend them and wouldn't hesitate to go back.
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 05:23 PM   #18

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Wow, these guys sound phenomenal! Please take the time to post on RV Service Reviews
tankcj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 06:55 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Point blank, when it comes to Monaco coaches these three guys are the best. I'm 1300 miles away and I go to them for my coach work. Peace of mind in knowing the job is going to get done right and not screwed up. Hard to find any repair shop these days with owner/employees that know their stuff and are concerned with getting the job done right the first time. When I was there, there was not a question about my coach that they couldn't answer. Top notch!! Randy
Old 10-13-2015, 06:58 PM   #20

We left Elite last week. They are 3 amazing guys. Not just super professionals but really nice people. We have used them in the past and will continue in the future.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 11:13 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It sounds like most if not all of you who have used Elite are very satisfied with the work/repairs you had Elite do. This is a good thing, happy for you. I live in North Texas and traveling there is a long way which wouldn't bother me as long as I knew I would leave there with a perfect repair or upgrade. I looked at their website and could not find a phone number for them. That is kinda unusual not to include contact information on ones website! or am I unusual in that I can't find their phone number?
Bottom line, can one of you give their contact info including a phone number please? Also, what is their hourly rate for work done?
Thanks
laheze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 06:34 PM   #22

Send a message via AIM to C Duck
From their business card:

Elite Repair and Remodel LLC
642 Hwy 99E
Harrisburg, OR 97446
(541) 995-4767
Fax: (541) 995-4763
Bonded and Insured
Old 10-18-2015, 08:05 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by laheze View Post
It sounds like most if not all of you who have used Elite are very satisfied with the work/repairs you had Elite do. This is a good thing, happy for you. I live in North Texas and traveling there is a long way which wouldn't bother me as long as I knew I would leave there with a perfect repair or upgrade. I looked at their website and could not find a phone number for them. That is kinda unusual not to include contact information on ones website! or am I unusual in that I can't find their phone number?
Bottom line, can one of you give their contact info including a phone number please? Also, what is their hourly rate for work done?
Thanks
Larry, you won't be disappointed with them. I learned of them on this forum and the quality work that they do. I made an appointment and drove over 1300 miles to have them do several things to my coach. Super pleased, and infact, my wife and I are going to schedule another vacation out that way anytime we need some repairs. I think they are around $139 an hour, but they don't piddle around. They do quality work and they hustle. They really know their way around these coaches after having worked at Monaco and built them. Plus,my he added benefit is they are located in some beautiful country up there. Also, they will be the first to tell you that the Internet is not their specialty, and their reputation has given them enough business so they don't have to rely on it. Referrals is probably what keeps them so busy. Randy
Old 10-18-2015, 09:40 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tankcj View Post
Wow, these guys sound phenomenal! Please take the time to post on RV Service Reviews
I hadn't seen this before- looks like a good resource to have

FunGus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 08:18 AM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
While you are in Harrisburg having ELITE do work on your coach, drop by the Junction City Chamber of Commerce and see about a visit to the Hull Oaks Saw Mill. They do have limited mill tours that take you all through the mill. It is the last mill that saw logs that are over 8' in diameter and the last one that still uses a mill pond to float the logs in. This mill was initially powered by a big steam engine which they still have on site and could be used if the need arises.
super_rep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 06:34 AM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Hello - just wanted to add to the positive comments - Elite installed the Eclipse upgrade arms to my One Touch awning. Everything is working very well and I thought the guys were thoughtful and caring with my coach.

Alan
02 Windsor 40PKD
str8six is offline   Reply With Quote