RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-17-2010, 01:38 AM   #1
dcmrblueridge.com

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Elkhart Service and Collision

My wife and I and our friends Gary and Janis just returned from a trip to Elkhart Service and Collision where our twin UFOs received terrific service. Over a two and a half day period the techs at ESC repaired or enhanced a whole list of things including jack calibration. They replaced door seals and arms, repaired damaged bathroom flooring (from screws that backed out) performed roof inspection and resealed places where needed, basement door molding repair, sagging fresh water tank support repaired, missing fresh water tank overflow plumbing installed, both chassis were lubed, and mine had an oil change as well. I may have forgotten a couple of other things. Oh, Gary's coach has a wiper park fail alarm which the ESC guys tried to repair but due to a lack of diagnostic software they could not do it. ESC is not a Workhorse service center but they sure would make a good one if they were. I want to thank Eric at WH for providing his telephone support to ESC.

While at ESC the techs from Noco/Auccuslide also worked on our coaches. Tim and Ed repaired my main slide, and both cable slides on Gary's coach. It is just fantastic to have the slides working so well now. They provided such good service to the slides including cables, sweeps, correct standoffs and most important a larger super high torque motor for our main slides. They move in and out really fast and smooth now.

JD, Roger, Walt, Rod, and Mike at ESC are a great group of expert techs. Better than any I have worked with before. It was obvious that they wanted to fix anything wrong with our coach. They wanted to fix it right and as quick as possible. Tim and Ed from Accuslide exhibited the same attitude. Thanks to John H as well for setting this visit up for us.

Thanks Guys! Because of all your combined team work our coaches are now literally better than new!

To the mods, I know I am not supposed to post in two places, but after two years of problems that are now gone, I hope you understand why I feel the need to post this news everywhere!

https://www.dcmrblueridge.com/
-Gramps- is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2010, 07:42 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Similar results for our experience there. So far, I would highly recommend this facility.

2006 Monaco Knight 40DFD
dwhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 06:03 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Gramps:

Am stuck in Charlotte trying to resolve issues with the Accuslide system problems. Been talking with BAL but as of now I am stymied. Are you still happy with this system after repairs? Been considering seeing is this system can be retrofitted to a hydralic as I am extremely frustrated right now.

Regards

UFO Chassis
Lash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 01:38 AM   #4
dcmrblueridge.com

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
It hasn't been that long since Tim and Ed repaired it but I can tell you this. I thought I had fixed the problem with same cable constantly breaking. On the way to Elkhart it frayed and it was hanging by a thread. I realized that it was the up and down motion of the coach while going down the road that took it out, especially while driving over hills and such. Coming back from Elkart over the same stretch I had no issues at all. Also my silde out never deployed correctly, it never snugged up the way it should and that has been taken care of as well. I don't send out the main slide at home because I am parked on a big slant but all indications are that both Gary's coach and my own, the slide outs are working fine now. Tim and Ed replaced cables, standoffs (wider ones), and the main motor with a larger one. They also replaced the outside sweeps that were torn from so many attempts to try and fix this issue.

Do I think I may loose a cable again? Sure, but now it should be just like any slide out, normal wear and tear over many uses not just a few. I think you need to arrange to have the guys from BAL work on this problem themselves. Your coach like mine, has never had those cables installed correctly, certainly not by the Monaco factory.
https://www.dcmrblueridge.com/
-Gramps- is offline   Reply With Quote