Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-17-2014, 07:30 AM   #1

Endeavor slide acting up...

After replacing a burnt up slide out motor from a sticking IN/OUT switch situation, the slide out worked great.

But, for our recent Florida trip, it started acting up on the way home where the kitchen end would not move and the couch side would. It would cant and I'd have to have a family member push with all they had on the kitchen side to extend/retract the slide.

I can see that the lower part of the kitchen cabinet base looks to be making contact with the tile floor. This looks to be the reason.

Question:

Might the slide rollers be worn down affecting floor clearance. How and where can I check this. Is this something where the slide has to be removed to replace the rollers?

Is there an adjustment that can be made for floor to cabinet base clearance?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2014, 02:04 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I don`t have the Endeavor, but on our Camelot, you can remove the bottom of the cabinets, & there is an adjustment for the rollers -- Also, there are rollers that you can access in the bay, & they have an adjustment -- The floor of the cabinet will have probably, 4 screws that you remove -- William Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:31 PM   #3

Same coach, similar problem. The inside rollers are peeling a hard red coating. Anybody know who made the slide assembly and where to get new rollers?

Thanks
beejay25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:16 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Try Lippert Componets -- They have an online store -- They supplied Monaco with slide outs -- William Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:02 AM   #5

Slide rollers

Try Cass-Hudson. I purchased rollers for our 2000 Diplomat. They sell direct and are reasonable. John
jdecastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:05 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdecastro View Post
Try Cass-Hudson. I purchased rollers for our 2000 Diplomat. They sell direct and are reasonable. John
X2 ....
Old 03-20-2014, 05:17 AM   #7

Had a similar issue with the slide on our '99 Diplomat, and your slide drive mechanism is probably the same. My problem turned out to be a slipping friction drive at the rear end of the slide's drive shaft. If that is your problem it is a simple task to tighten the friction collar. However, I found that mine had slipped so much that the 3-piece collet that drives the rear end of the shaft was badly worn and would not tighten enough to keep from slipping. I shimmed it up to make it tighten against the inside of the tapered receiver and that has held until I can get the needed repair part. If you need a parts list for the slide drive mechanism I can email the exploded view of parts for your slide.
Old 03-20-2014, 05:27 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Same problem...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwkerch View Post
Had a similar issue with the slide on our '99 Diplomat, and your slide drive mechanism is probably the same. My problem turned out to be a slipping friction drive at the rear end of the slide's drive shaft. If that is your problem it is a simple task to tighten the friction collar. However, I found that mine had slipped so much that the 3-piece collet that drives the rear end of the shaft was badly worn and would not tighten enough to keep from slipping. I shimmed it up to make it tighten against the inside of the tapered receiver and that has held until I can get the needed repair part. If you need a parts list for the slide drive mechanism I can email the exploded view of parts for your slide.
Had similar problem and posted pics of what I found here Post 11
tchester is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide