Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-04-2013, 03:06 PM   #29

Monaco Owners Club
Going across OK this morn, trying to get the heck past Oklahoms City before some evil storms got me, & driving in a heavy rain, temps in the 60s, the engine & transmission started running at it's normal temp (190-193 for the engine & 180 for the tranny)for about 20 miles, then back to the cooler temps -- In Amarillo Texas now, so it will be much warmer now -- Anyone have an idea as to why the controller started temporarily ? Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2013, 11:24 AM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
Back home in sunny AZ, & while going across New Mexico, the engine & tranny ran at it`s normal temp for about an hour (outside temp in the middle 40`s), & then back to the cooler temps--Haven`t had a chance to look into the problem any futher, but if it`s a fan controller, then probably will go with a wax valve from Source Engineering -- I can install that myself, & get away from the electronics, which I know nothing about-- Bill Willard
Old 06-07-2013, 11:47 AM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Willard View Post
Back home in sunny AZ, & while going across New Mexico, the engine & tranny ran at it`s normal temp for about an hour (outside temp in the middle 40`s), & then back to the cooler temps--Haven`t had a chance to look into the problem any futher, but if it`s a fan controller, then probably will go with a wax valve from Source Engineering -- I can install that myself, & get away from the electronics, which I know nothing about-- Bill Willard
Bill,

Glad you made it home without getting in the way of a tornado. We are leaving Sunday for South Dakota, Wyoming, and Montana and taking the northern route in the hopes that we will miss any bad weather that may be brewing. May still need pontoons!.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 10:29 AM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
Update -- Removed the thermostat, & tested it in a pan of hot water -- It opened at 180 but would not close after cooling the water down --Took it out of the water & while walking back to the shop with the thermostat in my hand, I heard a snap, & the thermostat closed -- Went to Cummins to purchase a new thermostat, & was informed that it had been discontinued due to the top bail breaking - The replacement looked nothing like mine,so I found one on Ebay -- Did the test run this morning, & all went well -- So, I got out easy with only a $20.00 tab -- But, I did learn alot about the fan control, & thanks bunches for all your help -- Bill Willard
Old 06-15-2013, 11:38 AM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
That's all well and good, but I still thing that I need to inspect this repair i Quartzsite in January

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 11:46 AM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by danes-on-tour View Post
That's all well and good, but I still thing that I need to inspect this repair i Quartzsite in January
Of course the fix is with your approval,that goes without saying -- But it would be best for the inspection to be here, so you & Anna would have a better place to crawl around under the coach -- Bill Willard
Old 06-16-2013, 07:14 AM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Of course the fix is with your approval,that goes without saying -- But it would be best for the inspection to be here, so you & Anna would have a better place to crawl around under the coach -- Bill Willard
As I understand it, Harry (HappyCars) must supervise any work performed by the Danes.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:27 AM   #36

Monaco Owners Club
That`s true Bob -- The pecking order is, Happycarz(Harry Martin) The Danes ( Henrik & Anne), & me, the gofer -- It`s hard to climb the ladder with that bunch in front you -- A saying goes, Live & Learn, but for the past 76 years, I`ve just done the living part-- Bill Willard
Old 06-18-2013, 11:22 AM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
That`s true Bob -- The pecking order is, Happycarz(Harry Martin) The Danes ( Henrik & Anne), & me, the gofer -- It`s hard to climb the ladder with that bunch in front you -- A saying goes, Live & Learn, but for the past 76 years, I`ve just done the living part-- Bill Willard
First of all - let me make it clear that I regard both Bill and Harry as very very very good friends and I am forever grateful to have met them through iRV2. Bob is a friend that I haven't met yet, but I am convinced that he would fall into the same category.

Let me tell you - Harry is "the Ace" but Bill is not far behind. I (myself) was never brought up with the skills of fixing cars/trucks/Rv's. Where I come from, no one fixes anything themselves. We make a appointment 2 weeks in advance for someone to overcharge you by 400% to change the oil in your vehicle ($20 per quarts for the good stuff). Places like AutoZone or Napa do not exist and getting any kind of spare parts is close to impossible.

This is one reason (among many) why I enjoy the company of people like Harry and Bill. They readily share their knowledge and I still enjoy learning and being "the hands" that holds the wrench. I am still "the apprentice" and that will never change with these guy's.

You are the best - thank you

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:13 PM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
I do believe that Anne is a certified shock absorber installer from what I witnessed at Bill's.
There is no problem with that lady getting into the thick of mechanical things!

And, Henrik is a quick study. Tell him once and he understands. I just wonder what he is saying to Anne in Dannish. Most of the time they use English, but when they talk about Bill and me, it is in Dannish.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:30 AM   #39

Monaco Owners Club
Update -- There are 3 wires going to the connector for the electronic fan controller -- They are white, but marked, cpu, ground, & fused -- On our 42' coach, the fuse is in a holder, connected to the chassis battery -- If I pull that fuse, the fan kicks into HIGH speed -- Probably, some of these controllers has been replaced, because the fuse was blown, & the "tech" didn`t know, or couldn`t find this fuse -- I think Monaco used the same wiring bundle for all the coaches, 45- 36 ft -- They just rolled the excess wire up & hid it -- Someone I know has a 36' Camelot, & it took him all day to find that fuse -- If you have this setup, it would be worth your time to find this fuse -- Bill Willard
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuse 001.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	266.9 KB
ID:	41005   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fuse 002.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	318.0 KB
ID:	41006