Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-03-2019, 01:20 PM   #15

153 where do you purchase them? I have not called this company but I called Signature strut and the rep on the phone had no idea what I was talking about so I have just moved on to other Projects.

Many of these big MFG companies do not do any small retail selling. Can you advise a distributor?
thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-03-2019, 02:09 PM   #16

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I mounted a double strap to the door on the inside so wind does not swing the door open past the limits of the hinges. Saved door 3 or more times so far. Wife hated it until she opened door in 30mph winds....
Old 05-04-2019, 09:55 AM   #17

Sorry i didn't know it would be so hard to actually find one went to McMaster Carr as well. I seen ones called door check gas strut as well but crap for description.
Maybe contact and ask for a distributor and a model or series # for dampened cylinder and and dimensions you already have. For about $50 i seen ones with a push button remote to small cable release. That might be great for crawling in a bay LOL.

here is a few manufactures . If you let them know your sharing with 1000s of members for a solution they might be more helpful.

https://www.bansbach.com/index.php/e...tional/352-usa

https://www.bansbach.com/index.php/e.../dynamicgroove

https://www.industrialgassprings.com...s-and-dampers/
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2019, 11:27 AM   #18

It says to order a gas cylinder not batch so....
Old 05-04-2019, 12:12 PM   #19

The suspa say they are better dampened see video.Hatch if link worked.Scroll down a bit.Great prices USA
https://www.amazon.com/C16-08054-C16...pe=all_reviews
https://www.suspa.com/downloads/SUSPA_Series16.pdf
Old 05-05-2019, 03:37 PM   #20

I just ordered 4 Suspa cylinders from amazon . I couldn't believe the Pano hinge door are 93lb ea. Only one door falls at 40f it has the sealed beam dock light that's burned out and is siliconed in, like they were sealing up a submarine. They went from 85 to 100lb in that length got 100lb
I guess the motor hatch are 150lb ea.
I'll let you know how the do with no weight hanging on them see if they slam 100lb compared 10 to 20 might not be quite the same.
Old 05-07-2019, 05:30 PM   #21

As promised I tested the 100 lb with no weight.My wrists can only take about 3" compression.
With rod down dampened pretty well no slam. Rod up not so much oil is in bottom might be better it was fully compressed first. Horizontal against telephone pole harder yet to compress. No slam maybe not as good as rod down but still only a few inches compressed. They are suspa brand I got from amazon 4 pack like 9bucks each.
They are made in USA and prices are very good .I think OEM on some cars I guess .Reviews said old ones lasted 20yrs. on their car. I can't confirm it. BUT.
I hope I cross referenced the model# to measurements and lb. Or Newtons properly. Old ones were Lift-O-Mat . If you buy and use one let me know if its better , seems like a nice upgrade for me to try.
BUT some of the ones I shared had different dampening maybe closed end point may keep people from slamming the door.

If anyone wants to talk to a rep. or engineer at one of the links to find a better one maybe dampened at both ends or fully . Please share I have a couple, few hours in research of dampened cyl. so far. I would pay 3 or 4 times as much I guess , for no slam both ends.

Suspa C16-08054 C1608054 20" Gas Prop, Quantity (4), Force 100 Lbs Per Prop, Force Per Set 200 Lbs, Camper Rear Window, Tonneau Cover Lift Supports, Window Lift Support, Made in USA (4) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FK567M4..._SqH0CbHZ1EMNE

Tags
door, entry door