RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-18-2015, 01:59 PM   #1

Entry Handle Light Tube/Grab Handle-Exterior

I have a 2003 Monaco Signature Baroness.
The Interior-Entry Handle Light Tube and the Exterior-Grab Handle light do not come on when the Grab Handle switch is on. The Interior diagonal assist handle on the front console on the firewall side does light up when the Step Well switch is on. I assume two lights are on one switch and the other on one switch. I measured one tube at approximately 271/2 inches long and the other two at 151/4 inches long. The owner's manual states Part #MP#16615157 for the interior 271/2 inch tube and part #GE194 for the 151/4 inch tube. Now my question is: How do I change the lights? Do I have to change the whole tube or can I change a light filament and if so how do you change the filament?

airspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-18-2015, 04:01 PM   #2

bump

airspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 04:31 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by airspeed View Post
I have a 2003 Monaco Signature Baroness.
The Interior-Entry Handle Light Tube and the Exterior-Grab Handle light do not come on when the Grab Handle switch is on. The Interior diagonal assist handle on the front console on the firewall side does light up when the Step Well switch is on. I assume two lights are on one switch and the other on one switch. I measured one tube at approximately 271/2 inches long and the other two at 151/4 inches long. The owner's manual states Part #MP#16615157 for the interior 271/2 inch tube and part #GE194 for the 151/4 inch tube. Now my question is: How do I change the lights? Do I have to change the whole tube or can I change a light filament and if so how do you change the filament?

The bulb is in a socket in one end or the other of the tube. The bulb illuminates the tube internally. Just pull the handles off & you will see the wires.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 05:06 PM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
There appears to be some heat damage to that tube..Thus I think it is indeed a filimient type lamp

I would replace with an LED.. A high brightness jumbo LED fromRadio shack with about 450-500 ohms in series should work well.
Old 06-18-2015, 06:03 PM   #5

I don't see any bulb?????
Moira is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 06:33 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
If you can remove the bulb assembly replace with
Pigtail & LED Light for Lucite Grab Handle: nwrvsupply.com
You can probably find a complete grab handle from northwest RV supply as well.
If you get the LED the leads are polarized. On my Panther I had to reverse black and white.
Old 06-19-2015, 09:54 PM   #7

Thanks Dt,
By chance we found this in a local shop D and N Camper Sales in Memphis, TN for $7.56

I couldn't see the little light because in was on the inside of the messed up assembly. It does look burnt but could be some glue that was applied to hold it from falling out.
Old 06-20-2015, 10:23 AM   #8

My plastic handle broke in half. So, instead of buying a new one, I made my own. I bought a plastic rod on line and cut it to length and turned the two ends to fit. Then I saw there was a hole in the bottom of the bracket. I added a 12v LED and got power from the awning switch. Knight 2011.
RWeigant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 01:32 PM   #9

So lets see it! put up a pic.

Tags
light