Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-20-2016, 03:54 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Entry Step Fix

The linkage from the electric motor to the step broke in half for some reason. It's pot metal, so I guess it couldn't stand the wear and tear. Anyway, after considerable attempts to jury rig the thing, I gave up and ordered a new part from Amazon for about 70 bucks. What looked very straight forward, wasn't. A number of the aged nuts snapped off when I tried to undo them, and the working quarters were very tight for my big hands. After a good deal of sweat and cursing, I managed to complete the fix. Hopefully the new part will last a good while.
Grady Ray
Grady Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2016, 04:45 PM   #2

Jayco Owners Club
Mine broke 2 years ago. I ordered on, but while I was waiting, I found I could only replace the broken part. So, I have an extra just in case. Buy the way, this is a adjustable Hines joint that you can get other than a RV supply store.
Also, there is a recall on this steps. It's for the center bolt.
RWeigant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 12:16 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Sounds like my projects. Every time I think; "this will only take a few minutes". Every time it turns out to be a few hours.
tinstar 1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 09:48 AM   #4
YC1

They are easier to work on if you just take them off. Not a big deal and you can replace all of the bolts on the steps at that time. I have had two of the side bolts break in 8 years and just decided to change them all a week ago because of the second one shearing off.

YC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 10:45 AM   #5

Not sure if this helps but on my 2013 HR Vacationer, I received a recall notice from Lippert concerning the steps. It was to add some kind of bracket to the motor area of the steps.
denk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 03:36 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I received a recall notice from Lippert. Seems the dealers don't want to get involved in this recall. I called my local Monaco dealer his reply was bring it in to see if it is covered by the recall, this should take us a week to evaluate. I said I had a recall from Lippert and from REV. He said that didn't matter it still had to be checked. Then he said if it does you will need an appointment, and the next opening is in 6 months. I told thanks and hung up.
Are others getting similar replies? Will Lippert send the repair kits to owners?
Ed Robbins
2011 Monaco DFT
League City, Tx.
I-LOVE-RAMBLIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 07:30 AM   #7

It's worth a try to ask Lippert for the part. I saw the kit and it looked to be fairly easy and came with instructions. The tech said it involved removing screws, installing the bracket and reinstalling the screws.
denk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 12:01 PM   #8

When you install the recall fix you have to lower the contacts for the step light on the dash. If not the step out light will stay on. That is what they had to do to mine. Tech said he had to do it on all the ones he had installed.