RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-06-2010, 03:59 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Exhaust Fan in Kitchen Ceiling

There is a huge exhaust fan in the kitchen area. It has a rotary switch that does nothing when I turn it. My past experiance (limited) with my coach (I'm a newbie) tells me that Monaco always has numerous ways to turn things on and off. Before I tear into trying to get this fixture working I need to ask the experts, Is there is a switch/button/sensor that may be in and/or around the kitchen area that really controls the workings of this exhaust fan.

2000 Monaco Dynasty

thanks...Pat

patmsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-06-2010, 05:23 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

There should be a separate thermostat on the wall to control that fan.

Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 05:33 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
IF like ours, there should be a fuse next to the numbered "speed control" on the fan. Diagonally across the fan is a knob that opens/closes the outside cover??
This cover must be opened at least 2 inches for fan to operate. MOST IMPORTANT - there should be a "box" mounted on the side wall that looks like an a/c thermostat with a sliding switch. Graduated from 60 to 90 with an OFF position??????????? This controls the fan based on the speed selected at the fan.
Some of these fans have a "rain detector" and automatically close - ours does not so perhaps others might chime in.
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 05:42 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Sounds like a "Magic Fan" we went through the same thing when we bought our Winnebago. The dealer had to point out the thermostat. The one in the bathroom has a switch.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:31 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by patmsp View Post
There is a huge exhaust fan in the kitchen area. It has a rotary switch that does nothing when I turn it. My past experiance (limited) with my coach (I'm a newbie) tells me that Monaco always has numerous ways to turn things on and off. Before I tear into trying to get this fixture working I need to ask the experts, Is there is a switch/button/sensor that may be in and/or around the kitchen area that really controls the workings of this exhaust fan.

2000 Monaco Dynasty

thanks...Pat
I have a 97 Dynasty and the fan is also controled by a thermostat on the wall in that area. There should be an on-off switch on it and a knob to set the temp to come on at. The switch has to be set to on and the temp set to something lower than the current temp in the coach. Then you set the fan speed on the rotary switch on the fan itself. If it still does not work check the fuse in the front run panel. Check your owners manual to find which fuse.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:54 AM   #6

We have one, too......couldn't figure it out till we asked our RV guy to take a look at it. The 'thermostat' on the wall was the answer.....works great, too.
MoRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 09:45 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
You guys are GREAT. That is EXACTLY what it was and it does work just fine. I thought it was an old wall thermostat that was left there when the factory installed the Aqua Hot System.

Now we'll actually use it.

Thanks again for all your help.

Pat

patmsp is offline   Reply With Quote