Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-17-2013, 07:20 PM   #1
bjo

Extended protection plan

I have a question about these extended protection plan on RV
I've posted a couple of time lately on my new RV 2013 Endeavor asking
a few question and have got great answers , now I'd like to no if any one that has bought into one of these (extended protection plan) would you recommend them from the dealer's or would you go out and find your on with these big front windows if you got a crack or what ever and you have to replace it wouldn't it cost a bundle. I just would like some feed back on this

Thanks
BJO
bjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-17-2013, 08:36 PM   #2

I like the idea that the Warranty company is reviewing my repair, and paying for the service. Over the years, with several motorhomes along the way, I have had transmissions repaired, a frig cooling unit replaced, basement air compressor replaced, jacks serviced and a jack motor replaced, and a few other items. Did this pay for the cost of the Warranty? Close, but probably not. However, I was not hit by unexpected costs at unwanted times. On one occasion, with the basement air, the repair shop said a repair was not covered. I immediately called the warranty company to complain, guess what, it was covered and a check had been issued. The dealership apologized greatly for their mistake. The repairs were completed, I have not been back. In short, extended warranties have always worked for me.
I purchased my current extended warranty from Wholesalewarranties.net. The not only sell the warranty but they also act as your agent if needed to help you with your claim and follow up on the service. I think they are good people.
kalynzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:00 PM   #3

I have had good service from Wholesale Warranty; speak to Jeff, do a Google search on Wholesale Warranty who is broker for several companies. Warning!!! be sure that your contract covers damages to a non covered part if a covered part fails and damages the non covered part. Also if a non covered part fails and damages a covered part. This is a must!!!! Special endorsement. Read the contract carefully. Such as we do not pay for cost those benefits a third party, this means we do not pay for freight, sales taxes or matrix part pricing. Most contracts do not pay for diagnosis time to determine what is wrong. Follow the contract to a tee and always follow up in writing, Last claim I had was difficult to adjust. My generator failed at a cost to the warranty company of $5100.00.

Keep in mind that these contracts do not pay for the repair just lessens the burden of the cost to repair.

My contract cost $3400.00 for 4 years. I still have 15 months left and the service contract has already paid out $8000.00 for repairs.
Robert T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:53 PM   #4

extended warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert T View Post
I have had good service from Wholesale Warranty; speak to Jeff, do a Google search on Wholesale Warranty who is broker for several companies. Warning!!! be sure that your contract covers damages to a non covered part if a covered part fails and damages the non covered part. Also if a non covered part fails and damages a covered part. This is a must!!!! Special endorsement. Read the contract carefully. Such as we do not pay for cost those benefits a third party, this means we do not pay for freight, sales taxes or matrix part pricing. Most contracts do not pay for diagnosis time to determine what is wrong. Follow the contract to a tee and always follow up in writing, Last claim I had was difficult to adjust. My generator failed at a cost to the warranty company of $5100.00.

Keep in mind that these contracts do not pay for the repair just lessens the burden of the cost to repair.

My contract cost $3400.00 for 4 years. I still have 15 months left and the service contract has already paid out $8000.00 for repairs.
Which company are you with?
I'm talking to Wholesale Warranty about a ProTEK product? Are you familiar with them?
Larry La is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:37 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Like any insurance, if you have a claim and they Pay! wow, you were smart in purchasing. If you never have a claim and they don't pay.... well at least you have piece of mind. however if you have a claim and they deny the claim and you don't get paid...... short of hiring an attorney you pi$$ed away the money you could of used for repairs. Some swear by these policies and others scream about how they got screwed. roll the dice..... safe travels ed
EDALLSAILS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 11:12 AM   #6

The company I am with is Allegiance and I will be starting my 4th year in March. Keep in mind that the definition of a service contract is to lessen the burden of a repair. Beside your deductible there will be other cost that will not be covered. Diagnosis time, hardware, shipping and sales tax is not covered due to the language in the policy, "we do not pay for any cost that benefits a third party." Be sure to purchase the consequential coverage. This is a must!!!!

Small claims, under $1,000 are approved without much problem. Large claims will be lots of hoops to go thru. Looking back on my $5,000 generator claim Jeff and I went around several times along with his office staff and the adjuster. Jeff did help but I was successful do to my efforts. The problem was the adjuster Otis.

Follow the contract to the letter without exceptions!!!! Keep in mind that you must document your claim. If the service contract adjuster request an inspection by their independent field staff which they do. Have the shop stop doing any more work! If the adjuster requests a tear down and inspection be careful. If the tear down would prevent verification of loss they will deny. That was where I had my problem. Otis demanded a tear down of my generator which I did have the shop do. A field appraiser inspected and could not verify some of the damage, (inverter). Inverter could not be shown damage without assembled generator. It took me 60 days to get this paid. Cause of delay was Otis. He was informed of the fact that tear down would jeopardize appraisers verification of loss. He demanded tear down.

How did I win, I followed up all conversations with a letter and independent documentation to support my findings. Be aware that any conversation you have with the adjuster will be recorded. The recordings are saved by date in their dairy system.
Robert T is offline   Reply With Quote