Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2012, 07:24 AM   #43

[moderator edit] When I asked "ok, how do I get out of this contract" it's as silent as the night around here.

Yeah, I think I'll take the MH we ordered, go over it carefully before delivery, and stop paying attention to those around here who like to scare you and then disappear when you ask for a solution.
chickymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2012, 07:58 AM   #44

i do not know how to get out of your contract but i would like to hear how you make out with your purchase.
trampsrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:27 AM   #45

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Good luck.

Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:03 AM   #46

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickymonkey View Post

Yeah, I think I'll take the MH we ordered, go over it carefully before delivery, and stop paying attention to those around here who like to scare you and then disappear when you ask for a solution.
I agree with the go over it carefully, and not to worry to much about it, I'm betting they will be making sure it all works out ok. Not all there employees are getting laid off and Navistar Monaco will still be in business.

Trap
Traps90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:40 AM   #47

Monaco Owners Club
Chipmonkey... when it comes to the negative type of responses you're receiving here just ignore them. Everybody's an arm chair expert.

Just like the Guy that said buy a Tiffin implying that all your troubles will be nonexistant. That's bull. Go visit the Tiffin factory sometime. Their repair center is full with all kinds of brand new coaches with repeat problems. It's the same at every manufacturer.

Consider yourself lucky it's the factory that's changing the slide and not a dealer.
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:17 PM   #48
edj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob (WA0MQE) View Post
Chipmonkey... when it comes to the negative type of responses you're receiving here just ignore them. Everybody's an arm chair expert.
I don't agree. If a person asks for advice, one would think they want to hear the good and the bad. Saying only the positive is doing a dis-service to the person asking for advice.

As far as getting advice on "getting out of a contract" there should not be much of a response unless they are a lawyer familiar with contract law in the states involved. Likely, that would be very limited.
edj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:46 AM   #49

Newmar Owners Club
My previous post said to wait until the new facility is up and running say mid 2012. The Indiana area, Wasau I believe, has thousands of workers who are/were skilled in manufacturing rvs. One of the major networks did a story on the thousands of workers laid off after the 2008 market collapse and many are still looking for skilled relatively high paying jobs. They will build a high quality rv but give them time to work out the bugs.
I wouldn't have Monaco alter you current purchase to accommodate your needs, just sounds too complicated from a cosmetic standpoint (fit and finish) to meet your demands. Perhaps dealer/Monaco would go along with your payment going toward the new unit. You asked for opinions and you got them, now you have to weigh all of the opinions and make your decision.
rg neumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:04 AM   #50

Newmar Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to Qwert66
On the positive note- It's great that they let you know before you saw it for the first time being all excited. It's great that they are willing work with you to get you what you ordered. Anyone can find fault, it's the positive things that reduce stress. Hopefully you still have every reason to be excited when the delivery comes.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:02 AM   #51
Senior Dude

Triple E Owners Club
Chipmonkey,
I've just read this thread from beginning to end and am amazed at the soup to nuts comments everyone has made. I suppose that's what you get with a membership made up of every age and every type of personality. Sorry you ended up with comments that would make you question your decision.

I might add though, (devil's advocate) I don't blame Monaco for making an offer to settle with a mistake. It's a business decision. The thought behind it is to make an acceptable offer to the client and try to save some cost. I'm in business and that's smart business. I don't think anywhere Monaco said "You better take this deal or nothing". Good business will recognize your wish not to compromise your choice and swallow their mistake if that is the route you wish to take. It doesn't take a lawyer to do this because any corporation knows that if they screwed up an order, they don't have a chance in court as it is their fault. It would be too much bad unneeded cost as well as bad press.
I would suggest, as you have done, to let them know you want what you ordered. From there I would ask for something in return for your inconvenience. Again good business would normally dictate that compensation for a poor experience is way cheaper than the bad press that would/could follow. In many cases, this requires going to the top, as the owners of a business care more about the public perception out there and have the power to make the decision to do what's right.
Navistar bought Monaco as they recognized a good brand and want to revive the name as a profitable part of their business.
Dogpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:16 AM   #52

Monaco Owners Club
The "monkey" might listen to the good advice of the "dog". deSanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:45 AM   #53

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogpatch View Post
Chipmonkey,
I would suggest, as you have done, to let them know you want what you ordered. From there I would ask for something in return for your inconvenience. Again good business would normally dictate that compensation for a poor experience is way cheaper than the bad press that would/could follow. In many cases, this requires going to the top, as the owners of a business care more about the public perception out there and have the power to make the decision to do what's right.
Navistar bought Monaco as they recognized a good brand and want to revive the name as a profitable part of their business.
Well said.
As far as compensation, ask for an additional year warrany.
JohnT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:13 AM   #54

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by EngineerMike View Post
Best solution: Tiffin.
I was going to suggest that this would be a good opportunity to go with Newmar.
Romeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:34 AM   #55
JC2

Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickymonkey View Post
[moderator edit] When I asked "ok, how do I get out of this contract" it's as silent as the night around here.

Good choice if the differences between what you ordered and what they sent are acceptable.
JC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:44 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traps90 View Post
I agree with the go over it carefully, and not to worry to much about it, I'm betting they will be making sure it all works out ok. Not all there employees are getting laid off and Navistar Monaco will still be in business.

Trap
I agree with Trap completely. You obviously liked this coach well enough to go through the special order process and obligate yourself. In the life cycle of a coach this is a small hic-cup. Pay no attention to the perpetual nay Sayers who are always ready to put the name of their coach builder out there as the answer to all your ills. I'm in both Tiffin and Newmar forums and I can tell you they have "feet of clay".
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote