Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-14-2019, 05:45 AM   #15

I created a different topic, but I had a similar experience to the 2017 entries here. No more "lifetime" warranty. No more "8 or 10" years.

My Fantastic Vent was made in 1/2012 and purchased in an RV in 4/2012 - SEVEN years. Motor ate itself - brush completely powdered and the commutator badly worn... And we're in MN so it doesn't even get used 6 - 7 months a year!

Now that Dometic has 'em, that fantastic service is gone and they wanted more for the replacement than I could buy it elsewhere.

It AIN'T your father's fantastic company any more.
dkperez is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-14-2019, 08:30 AM   #16

Fantastic was a true family business. The owner died and the daughter took over. But Atwood probably made a great offer. Lippert and Atwood have been buying up smaller mfrs. Atwood has also been selling some divisions. With the economy changing The rv industry will be just like 08.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 09:59 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
I replaced our Fan-Tastic fan with a MaxxAir MaxxFan. The MaxxAir is a newer design with dual lifting arms. Another nice feature is the screen removes from the inside for cleaning. They have several different models available including one with an outside vent cover.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 02:15 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Would someone please provide me with a phone number for Fantastic vent customer service?
Stan&Jacquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 11:35 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan&Jacquie View Post
Would someone please provide me with a phone number for Fantastic vent customer service?
Fantastic fan got bought out by Dometic. And it seems they don't want phone calls. If they list it on their web site, I couldn't find it. They prefer email.

I emailed them a couple weeks ago looking for parts for my fantastic fan. Of course, my fan is obsolete and they gave me some info on replacement fans.

I decided to go with a MaxxFan instead. It appears to be a better product for my application. That's my early fall project.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 12:19 PM   #20

I tried to get bits for my vent from a 3rd party. The guy spent most of the conversation cussing dometic, and ended saying that he'd lock the doors before dealing with them again. Not encouraging.
rodekyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 01:12 PM   #21

Some online dealers have parts. You should be able to find a parts list online. Google the part number and description.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 02:13 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito.a View Post
I replaced our Fan-Tastic fan with a MaxxAir MaxxFan. The MaxxAir is a newer design with dual lifting arms. Another nice feature is the screen removes from the inside for cleaning. They have several different models available including one with an outside vent cover.
I replaced mine with a "Heng's 90043-CR Replacement Vortex I Fan" from Amazon. It was under $40 plus about $6 for shipping.

I replaced the push-on-push-off switch with a center-off toggle switch ($2) that I wired to reverse the fan motor direction and added a variable speed control ($4).

Mike
Old 08-21-2019, 04:01 PM   #23

Pulled the old fan from the inside. Put the new fan in from the inside. No need to climb on the roof.

Hopefully the new one lasts a while...
dkperez is offline   Reply With Quote