Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-20-2009, 07:01 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
My HR Endeavor came with a Fantastic Fan vent in the ceiling, like most all of them. At the time it was a top of the line unit, with rain sensor and wall mounted thermostat. Well, this unit is now 12 years old. I'm the second owner and it wasn't working when I bought the coach. This past weekend, I wanted to try to fix it. I took off the inside trim ring and removed the control panel, with all the switches. As I got into it, there was a multitude of things wrong. Upon close inspection I also saw the main frame cracked where the gear raises the top lid. Upon seeing this, I knew it was time for a new unit.

As an aside, this coach has an aluminum roof. The factory installed 4 screws near the corners of the fan that actually screwed down into the frame that boxed the hole. The rest of the screw holes had pop rivets (with very large heads) that fixed it to the roof skin. I've never seen this done before, but I guess it makes sense. Drilling out the heads was no problem. However, the real killer was removing the self-leveling sealant that covered the whole outer frame. What a job that turned out to be. I probably spent two hours getting that stuff off (to get to the pop rivets) and then another hour removing it from the roof so the new fan would sit down on it.

Back to the main point of this post --- I called Fantastic Fan and asked them if they might have any type of less-than-full-price program for replacing one of their originals. Believe it or not, they asked me to send in the old one and they'll repair it or send me a new one! That's way above and beyond any goodwill gesture I've ever had. This speaks very highly of their product and company. My hat is off for their wonderful support of their products and us RV'ers.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-21-2009, 12:11 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally posted by Darryl:
My HR Endeavor came with a Fantastic Fan vent in the ceiling, like most all of them. At the time it was a top of the line unit, with rain sensor and wall mounted thermostat. Well, this unit is now 12 years old. I'm the second owner and it wasn't working when I bought the coach.

Believe it or not, they asked me to send in the old one and they'll repair it or send me a new one! That's way above and beyond any goodwill gesture I've ever had. This speaks very highly of their product and company. My hat is off for their wonderful support of their products and us RV'ers.
Darryl,

They were at the Tampa Super Show last month and were just handing out repair parts with a smile and a handshake as the only payment in the transaction.

They gave me a new lift motor for my bathroom vent and enough 303 to treat the gaskets of all my vents to help keep them running smoothly.

I can't say enough good things about this company and the way they treat their customers.

I keep telling people do not replace a Fantastic Vent if it stops working as most often they will send you the parts to fix it or a new vent at no charge.

Please let us know what they send you.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:28 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Received my replacement today. It looks new to me. It has temp sensor and rain guage, just like the old one I sent in. It's definitely not the one I sent in though. There was no way anyone could have repaired that one. What a nice company.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:09 AM   #4

I, too have had great service. Had an endless breeze fan (terrific fan) start running slow. Called and they said it should run for years. Sent me a new one as I sent back to old one. Also they replaced a motor that went out on the overhead fan for free. They are GOOD!

Barb
Old 02-26-2009, 03:39 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Count me in on fantastic service from Fantastic Fan.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 02:33 PM   #6

I own a 2000 HR Ambasador that has only 11k on it, but it sat inside storage for 7 years. Since the owner was physically unable to maintain the MH it was not started or maintaine during this time. Now the plastics are brittle and cracking. My Fantisticvent over the stove has a cracked frame and the dome is cracked. Also the bath fan (none Fantistic) exploded due to not being maintained. I'm now considering replacing the one in the kitchen and putting a Fantisticvent in the bath (a lot quiter). Any suggestions? I.e., will the Fantistic fit the bath cutout, etc. Thanks, Charlie
charliereed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 02:47 PM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by charliereed View Post
Also the bath fan (none Fantistic) exploded due to not being maintained. I'm now considering replacing the one in the kitchen and putting a Fantisticvent in the bath (a lot quiter). Any suggestions? I.e., will the Fantistic fit the bath cutout, etc. Thanks, Charlie
If the old fan is a standard size one (14"?) then yes, they're fit just fine.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 02:57 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl View Post
My HR Endeavor came with a Fantastic Fan vent in the ceiling, like most all of them. At the time it was a top of the line unit, with rain sensor and wall mounted thermostat. Well, this unit is now 12 years old. I'm the second owner and it wasn't working when I bought the coach. This past weekend, I wanted to try to fix it. I took off the inside trim ring and removed the control panel, with all the switches. As I got into it, there was a multitude of things wrong. Upon close inspection I also saw the main frame cracked where the gear raises the top lid. Upon seeing this, I knew it was time for a new unit.

As an aside, this coach has an aluminum roof. The factory installed 4 screws near the corners of the fan that actually screwed down into the frame that boxed the hole. The rest of the screw holes had pop rivets (with very large heads) that fixed it to the roof skin. I've never seen this done before, but I guess it makes sense. Drilling out the heads was no problem. However, the real killer was removing the self-leveling sealant that covered the whole outer frame. What a job that turned out to be. I probably spent two hours getting that stuff off (to get to the pop rivets) and then another hour removing it from the roof so the new fan would sit down on it.

Back to the main point of this post --- I called Fantastic Fan and asked them if they might have any type of less-than-full-price program for replacing one of their originals. Believe it or not, they asked me to send in the old one and they'll repair it or send me a new one! That's way above and beyond any goodwill gesture I've ever had. This speaks very highly of their product and company. My hat is off for their wonderful support of their products and us RV'ers.
I was wondering if you used screws or rivets to fasten the new one on? I got the same situation with my old alumna
Lite class c
Kevingofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:38 PM   #9

Incredible company!!!!

Van W. 2000 Dynasty 36 pulling one Harley
Vanwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:15 PM   #10
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I recently bought their 12 volt box fan. It's built just like their ceiling vents. It works nice when we're boondocking and need a fan in the bedroom.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 06:35 PM   #11

I know this is an older thread but fantastic fan isn't so fantastic under their new ownership. When I had mine installed on my coach before the buyout my paperwork said "lifetime guarantee." When mine failed recently and I contacted them they said lifetime was just on the cover. My paperwork DOES NOT make that statement. Said my only option was to purchase a new vent. Not so fantastic anymore.
Coach #10984
apatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 07:50 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
I just replaced to fan assemblies in our 2007 Dynasty due to them making noise. Same experience here ... no mention of free replacement, etc. I was able to get the fan assemblies for around $29/ea and shipping was $15.

I mentioned to the nice lady on the phone about lifetime warranty and she said only the covers themselves are lifetime and now fan assemblies are 8 or 10 yr.

I imagine the change in warranty is directly related to Atwood buying Fanstastic vent.

Also worth mentioning the new fans have low profile, light motors. The assemblies weigh about 1/3 of the originals ...and they are actually almost as loud (spinning) as the ones I removed.
tophog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 08:31 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Same recent experience here. I sent email then called them a couple or three weeks ago. Told them my problem and they suggested some things that might be wrong. I didn't want to spend money throwing parts at it in hopes they might fix it. I decided to buy an new MaxxAir and so far, I really like it.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:32 PM   #14
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I love Fantastic. Over the years they have sent me so many free parts,. Customer service couldn't be better.
TonyDi is offline   Reply With Quote