Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-08-2010, 12:58 AM   #43

DO NOT let Holland Motorhomes work on your RV!

DO NOT let Holland Motorhomes work on your RV! They worked on my RV fridge. When they were removing the fridge they put holes in the ceiling, which they poorly repaired. They also put a hole in the water line to our ice maker, which we found out about when it flooded our RV during our first desert trip of the season. Holland Motorhomes refused to take responsibility for their workmanship and told us that it wasn't their problem.

Cori

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-13-2010, 07:47 AM   #44

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Mellott bros.

Thank you Nonon for your post on Mellot bothers in Willow street pa, i was worried when i could not find anyone in my area to work on my coach, I live in Lewes delaware not many choices around here thanks again i have an appt. at the end of october will let you know, they seemed very proffesional on the phone unlike others i have called.

Old 09-15-2010, 09:46 AM   #45

Fleetwood Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Baton Rouge service

On the way to a reunion of the aircraft carrier I served on, my roof AC abnd dash AC went out. I had the dash AC serviced at Fuller Ford in Cincinnati and they did basically nothing and charged over $400. On the way to Baton Rouge the dash AC did not cool and the roof AC kept tripping the breaker. It reached 98 degrees in the coach. I had just had an angiogram done the prior Friday and the heat really effected my heart rate.

I found an ad for "The RV Shop" in Baton Rouge in the Good Sam directory so I called them. They had a 3 week backlog but when they heard that I was on the way to a military reunion, Kathy, the lady on the phone said she would call back. A few minutes later she called to tell me to get the coach there the next morning. When I got there I was happy to see they were a Monaco dealer since I had a Monaco coach.

I dropped off the RV and returned to the hotel. About 2 hours later Kathy called to tell me the problem was fixed! It was a heat valve that was stuck open and sending hot coolant through the system. This warmed the dash AC and caused the roof AC to overload. Problem solved!

The folks at The RV Shop are great people and excellent technicians! I was overwhelmed with the kindness that they showed me.
Old 09-20-2010, 01:00 PM   #46

Monaco Owners Club
Had a roof top heat-pump replaced and a water leak fixed. Excellent service and a reasonable price. Tim and his staff are great people. 2003 Monaco Windsor, Smokeater75. De Martini Rv Grass Valley California
Old 10-23-2010, 02:39 PM   #47

Monaco Owners Club
Ventura County RV Repair Recommendations?

Looking for recommendations for slide service on '03 Monaco Windsor. The driver living room slide front edge moves out about 1.5" during travel. Not sure if it's a broken shear pin or not, never worked on slides before. The opposite living room slide (kitchen) drags and simply needs adjustment (I hope). Looking for someone in the SFV or Ventura County area of Southern California where I could take the coach and not get ripped off yet still get the slides fixed. Any recommendations?

Thanks,
pklonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 06:15 PM   #48

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
You could give Benchmark RV in Sun Valley or Simi RV in Simi Valley a call. I have found that Simi RV takes a long time to get people in if you did not buy there.
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:51 AM   #49

We have used Sun Bum moble RV repair in Yuma,AZ. 541-948-4544. They have just opened a new large shop in Yuma as well as their moble repair service. A his and her team and very experienced with Monaco. I believe at one time he was a Monaco factory tech representitive. They also have a website. I, and several other Monaco owners I know have used them, and are very satisfied. She is very good at getting extended warranty to cover repairs if you have it and you let her do the talking.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:02 PM   #50

Monaco Owners Club
I have used Mello Truck Repair Co.,Inc. Mello Truck Repair Co., Inc. - Home - Modesto, CA
These guys are great and know there stuff. Shop rate is is very competetive.
They also have an Allison sevice center next door.
So if ever stuck in Modesto, California and need repairs look them up.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:53 AM   #51

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbfromsd View Post
DO NOT let Holland Motorhomes work on your RV! They worked on my RV fridge. When they were removing the fridge they put holes in the ceiling, which they poorly repaired. They also put a hole in the water line to our ice maker, which we found out about when it flooded our RV during our first desert trip of the season. Holland Motorhomes refused to take responsibility for their workmanship and told us that it wasn't their problem.

Cori
I feel the sameway about Buddy Gregg... I let Buddy Greeg do some work for me and I had to have another shop redo almost everything that Buddy Gregg worked on......
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:10 PM   #52

Monaco Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via MSN to smallpond3500
Had my HR droped off wrecker and wecked front end , Holland Motor Homes repaired it and did a beatufull job, Can"t say enough good about then
Old 01-06-2011, 09:23 AM   #53

Monaco Owners Club
"Coach Repair" In Modesto,California is also a very good repair facility. They don't do any automotive type repairs but as far as the rest of the coach these guys also know their stuff.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:35 AM   #54

Monaco Owners Club
just took first trip in 92 dynasty from atl to palm bay to ft walton toandalusia then back to atl
broke down on fla trnpik just no. of orlando stranded for 3 hrs till found towtruck (THE CAR STORE) great people they took us to flagship rv (they have new name now???) tow trk dropped us across their driveway at 2am where we stayed for the next 3 days while some things could have been much different or better these people were very nice and helpful throughout this major ordeal the service managers name BOB stayed till 9pm newyears eve to get us on the road again
Old 03-07-2011, 02:15 PM   #55

Monaco Owners Club
In 2006, the "old" HR/Monaco sent us to M&M Coach in Chino, CA. for warranty repair of tranny seal. We have been using them for all our service and repair related needs. Also, Anderson Alignment in Garden Grove, CA. does good front end work. We have used them for over 40 years for all our vehicles and motorhomes.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:49 AM   #56

Tiffin Owners Club
If you are in the Yuma area, Southwest driveline is the greatest for hitches, base plates, drive shafts, If it needs fixed they can do it. They are Monaco's rep here for the Trailing arm repair, they do lube pumps, driveshaft disconnect's etc.
www.swdriveline.com

Bill