Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-20-2013, 11:35 PM   #99

Yep

Yep!!!!

Steve
SPA48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-02-2013, 07:50 AM   #100

Country Coach Owners Club
Another plug for Cummins Northwest in Coburg, Oregon. Just had an Aqua Hot diesel burner blower motor replaced under warranty. Also was was concerned about oil on engine exterior. They ran a crankcase pressure test to make sure engine was healthy in the sense that there was no excessive piston-cylinder blow-by forcing oil out of the breather. Turns out that Speedco had overfilled the crankcase during the last oil change.

Many of the Coach Care staff are from Monaco and are competent, professional, and friendly. They have water/electric hookups and welcome you to stay in your coach overnight if required.

33070 Roberts Ct Coburg, OR 97408
(541) 687-0000

Good shop!
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 05:39 PM   #101

Elite Repair and Remodel

Located in Harrisburg, Oregon, Erik, Mark and Marty worked for years at the Monaco Service Center in Coburg. They really know their stuff.

Had a slide problem where the floor was rotted out, they fixed it in a day, then sealed the roof of all slides to prevent a repeat of the problem. Also had a Samsung frig installed. Good work, quickly done and at a very fair price.

Erik (541) 255-6231
Marty (541) 517-1716
Mark (541) 515-2740
Old 01-26-2014, 08:43 AM   #102

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSkyBob View Post
The service center at Harrisburg is the best in my view. They addressed all my issues beyond my expectations and well within the time frame initially estimated. They even helped me fix a problem with my toad lighting cable in the parking lot. I will use this facility in the future even though it's a 1600 mile round trip for me.

where in Harrisburg
jbower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 10:03 AM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbower View Post
where in Harrisburg
Given your location you may be thinking of a different Harrisburg.

Elite Repair and Remodel is in Harrisburg Oregon. I agree with Bald Old Bob that it is an excellent shop.

FWIW
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
Old 01-30-2014, 10:10 AM   #104

We just had a Winegard Crank-Up satellite antenna installed by Cactus Satellite near Phoenix, AZ. 602-791-7183 - Cactus Satellite

Came to the coach in the RV park, quality work, on time, competent, professional, fair price - all in all a good experience.

FWIW
Old 03-13-2014, 09:08 AM   #105

Rocky Mountain Cummins, El Paso, Texas. Five star operation. Had the engine and genny serviced here. The tect spotted a cracked engine belt immediately. I looked at it many times and didn't notice it. Saved my butt for what could of happened. Everyone was very helpful. The manager even had lunch (pizza) ordered in. They are right off of I-10 and have over night parking with electricity.

Cummins Rocky Mountain | Diesel Engines, Generators, Parts & Service
Old 03-22-2014, 06:12 AM   #106

Monaco Owners Club
On the topic of Rocky Mountain Cummins, I have used the shop in Colorado Springs a few times. I don't have anything real negative to report other that it is very much a satellite operation to serve the local area. Very small facility with just a few mechanics. There is no lift equipment or service pit so all work is done on the floor. I have no direct experience but have heard the Denver shop is excellent. When the need arises for engine or trans work in the future I'll drive up to Denver.

Other notables in Colorado Springs:
I give real high ratings to One Stop Custom Shop. Robert Chapman runs a first class incredibly set up shop and is very knowledgeable. He is especially a wizard with electronics but does top notch work in all areas other than heavy engine and trans. Here's my coach at One Stop...

Also in the area but one that I absolutely cannot recommend is Turbo's RV Repair in Monument, CO. I had a few visits to resolve an intermittent operation problem with my Aqua Hot. He ended up installing a new controller board last summer and declaring the issue fixed. In the fall when the temps started to drop at night I noticed my heat exchanger in the wet bay coming on when I was not running the Aqua Hot. I call Eric and he said I would have to bring it in. Not being happy with yet another round of potential expense from him I decided to do some in depth troubleshooting myself. Tracing and testing every wire I found that Eric had jumpered the low temp switch so it was not in the loop. When I brought this to his attention and emailed him a picture he said there was no way that he would do this and that he didn't use spade crimps with blue insulators. I know I didn't install the jumper and no one else worked on the AH. When I removed the jumper the AH began running intermittently, just like it had prior to replacing the controller board. Since the controller board is located very close to the boiler and the wiring harnesses were left at the original factory length the cabling was a spaghetti mess of wire. I decided to go through and shorten each wire one by one to a proper length. Bottom line, the problems went away so the issue was just some bad wiring after years of a big bunch of excess wire banging around. Eric continued to deny any responsibility for the situation an I have to seriously question if I needed a new controller board in the first place. I would definitely stay away from Turbo's in Monument, CO.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:27 AM   #107

Service in Melbourne, Florida

If you are ever down this way, Glenn's Tires provides great mechanical support. Todd is the shop manager and very knowledgable. However, they do not do any work on the house, just engine, transmission, tires, etc.
JustCruising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 03:35 PM   #108

Without having to read 100 or so posts has anyone mentioned how this information might be organized by state or(?) If everyone posting here is also posting on RV Service Review GREAT!! Problem solved, and a great resource for everyone.

RV Service Reviews
Old 06-16-2014, 05:06 PM   #109

Monaco Owners Club
If you are just North of Dallas/Fort Worth in Denton TX near I-35 and US 380 we really recommend Best Value RV and Service. Just South of Exit 472 on the South bound service road. Roger Crawford is the service manager. They work on all makes and models. Great folks to work with. And for chassis/motor or trans work Inland Truck parts and service is just across the road. Ryan in service will treat you right. We feel so lucky to have these two great shops right here in our home town.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:21 PM   #110

Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Can anyone recommend any locations in southeast Virginia?
Old Grape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 10:45 AM   #111

More kudos for Elite Repair and Remodel in Harrisburg, OR

i just spent 4 days at Elite in Harrisburg getting a failed Norcold 1200 removed from the Dynasty and replaced with a Samsung residential refer. I found the three guys there to be really impressive. Although all do all sorts of repairs, Marty seems to be the main cabinetry man and headed the Monaco woodworking shop for years before they went belly up. Eric seems to be the guy that does most of the public interaction and he seems to really know his stuff in electronics and repairs of the entire coach. Mark just seems to be good at everything. While we were there, there must have been 8 or 9 additional coaches there for various repairs from replaced electronics to long punch lists and everyone was handled expeditiously. No pit or lifts in the shop and my sense is that they really don't like to do "frame" and engine work there at the shop. We had our Norcold replaced with Samsung RF-197 which they did for a fixed price. So far, we are delighted with the install, the "fit" of the install, and its operation. Eric also checked the alternator, inverter, and Big Boy to ensure that they were working fully so the refer would handle itself while running down the highway. All in all, I have NO COMPLAINTS at all..... These are nice, very competent, honest guys. We drove 1100 miles further west than we planned when the Norcold died because they had a cancellation and could work us in pretty quickly and in retrospect, very glad that we had them do the job. Their numbers are listed elsewhere here in this list. They are worth the drive.

Gary

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 08:33 PM   #112

We just had our Norcold 1200 replaced at Gerber RV center in Hackensack, NJ found them to be fair on the price and they did it in a reasonable time. The warrantee co. Was the hold up, not agreeing to the hours that were required to do the work. All parties came around and the job was completed. Dave the service manager was easy to work with. Will be going back there shortly to have our front end aligned and tired balanced.

2003 Monico Windsor 370HP
Full timing out of Silver Springs, FL

Toad: Volvo
hshiner is offline   Reply With Quote