Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-10-2015, 12:22 PM   #1

Texas Boomers Club
Finally pulled the Trigger

I have been on the site for a few months and reading everything I could and asking a lot of newbe questions. Finally my wife and I bought a 2006 Safari Cheetah, 40 foot, full wall slide. Was inspected yesterday with a short list of issues and have a satellite installed tomorrow. We are ready to hit the road just after the Holidays.

Those that may have this coach and have some pointers or information to share please speak up.
franktr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-10-2015, 12:25 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Statgeek Send a message via MSN to Statgeek Send a message via Yahoo to Statgeek
I do not have that RV, but wanted to wish you congratulations! Then I looked at your profile and noticed that you live in the same town I do (League City). Maybe I'll see you driving around from time to time!
Statgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 06:17 AM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
A few Questions

The storage place has electrical connection 30 amps. My MH has two cut off switches. One for the chassis and one for the engine. I would think these would turned off for storage. If that is correct having the MH plugged in what purpose does it serve?

Also what is the proper sequence to depart or set up at the camp site and put down the jacks? What is not clear to me is the air suspension. Do I completely bleed the air and than extent the jacks or ?
Old 12-11-2015, 08:29 AM   #4

For Monaco you pull into site. Leave air at ride height (don't dump) first you extend slides then dump air and then you drop jacks to level coach.
Hurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 08:35 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
If you have power during storage plug it in so the battery charger can maintain the batteries. If no power in storage, cut the switches to keep the various small and parasite drains from running down the batteries.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 08:58 AM   #6

Congratulations on your coach. I am also in your area across the lake in Nassau Bay. In regards to extending your slides, different coach manufactures have different procedures so check to find out which one is correct for your setup. On mine, ( NOT a Monaco) the procedure it to dump the air, drop the jacks to level and then extend the slides. Your full wall slide is fairly heavy so make sure to follow the procedures for YOUR coach.
noserider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 09:13 AM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to Statgeek Send a message via MSN to Statgeek Send a message via Yahoo to Statgeek

Please DO research the order of operations for your leveling & slides. It is not the same from manufacturer to manufacturer, model to model, and in some cases from year to year. The details are important, and they have to do with exactly how your RV was designed and built. Some RV's need to be level before putting out or pulling in the slides, while other RV's need the slide to be moved in/out before leveling.

I don't have the same make, model, year as you do, so what I do is not particularly relevant.

Now.... you mentioned the order for the air bags. I think there is less debate on that, assuming you don't have the active-air leveling that levels your RV as you drive. If you have that setup, I can't help. But if you have the standard airbags, I was taught (and I think most will agree) that you dump the air out of the bags before leveling. This lowers the coach prior to extending the leveling jacks, and that means that the jacks have more room to do what they need to do to get your RV level. It also means that they are less likely to have to fully extend, which is a good thing. Finally, your steps will be closer to the ground which most people like.

When you are getting ready to travel again, I do the reverse--pull up jacks, then fill airbags.

BUT AGAIN... the real important thing to research is whether you do all of this leveling stuff (including the air bags) before or after you extend your slides. That's where people damage expensive things.
Statgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 09:14 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
You can call Monaco and get a copy of the window sticker to see what options your coach was built with. You can also contact Cat to get the dyno sheet for your engine to get actual hp and torque numbers and to see if there are any updates that were applied or should be applied to your engine. Last but not least...welcome to the DP crowd!...

Oh, and you have the HEUI fuel system so make sure you perform oil changes at the recommended intervals.
tankcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 09:41 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by franktr View Post
I have been on the site for a few months and reading everything I could and asking a lot of newbe questions. Finally my wife and I bought a 2006 Safari Cheetah, 40 foot, full wall slide. Was inspected yesterday with a short list of issues and have a satellite installed tomorrow. We are ready to hit the road just after the Holidays.

Those that may have this coach and have some pointers or information to share please speak up.
Welcome to the RV life, if you are new to it. Read all of your owners package. Many questions will be answered and you will be better educated to ask the ones your not clear on. One thing that is most important, in my opinion. Keep your tire pressure set correctly and inspect them frequently. I suggest using a Temperature/Pressure Monitor System. This is a good aid tool in knowing the condition of tour tires when traveling.

I hope your rig give you many years of fun. Happy trails,
Rick Y
Old 12-11-2015, 02:07 PM   #10

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Congrats !!
Old 12-11-2015, 05:13 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurk View Post
For Monaco you pull into site. Leave air at ride height (don't dump) first you extend slides then dump air and then you drop jacks to level coach.

I only have air no hyd jacks so on mine I only hit auto level on pad then run slides out. I cheated and removed wire to allow engine to run while I level and open slides. Keeps batteries a lot happier.

Look into replacing halogen puck bulbs with leds ebay has them cheap and easy to do. Keeps betteries and heat a lot happier.

ENJOY
Dupdyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 06:26 PM   #12

Texas Boomers Club
Thanks for all of the insight. I got the manuals this afternoon and been reading everything I can. It is clear as to the sequence to operate the slides and jacks.

i want to replace the bulbs but there are some many things to buy that it will be the next project. I need to buy a tow bar and get that installed first.
Old 12-11-2015, 08:09 PM   #13

Good Luck with your new venture!!!!!

Steve
SPA48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2015, 11:27 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Did you get it from the place up in Spring?
castrol is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led