RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2015, 02:34 PM   #1

Find Fuel in Nova Scotia

Anyone know where I might find a user friendly fuel stop where I can either us my US Visa at the pump or pump full first and then pay?

I'm currently near New Glasgow, Nova Scotia, and need fuel within 100 miles. Like many Irving stations the one in New Glasgow will not accept my US Visa at the pump. It works inside and at pumps at other stations. Also like many Irvings the truck lanes are card lock only using the Irving 76 cards.

Yes, my card has a chip and works fine everywhere I have used it in New Brunswick, PEI, and Nova Scotia.

In order to pump diesel at Irving I must squeeze into the busy auto lanes then go inside and pay a specific amount on my Visa. They have no method for allowing me to fill my tank and then pay. I have found this at some other Irvings, although some allow me to fuel and then come in to pay. I don't know how to know the rules until too late when I'm at the pump.

Any suggestions for a fuel locator tool in Nova Scotia, New Brunswick. I use Truckmaster Fuel Finder and it works reasonably well. Truck stops are few and far between around here and many are Irving and not very user friendly.

barrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2015, 02:47 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
We were just there-had the same problem.

One of us went inside , and the other pumped-

We found the scarcity of fuel, grocery Stores, Restaurants, Campgrounds (and the rather high prices for all the products & services) to be a nuisance , as well.

There are some pretty special things to see & do, but there are a lot of issues to contend with in that part of the world.

Deny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 05:16 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
We're in Newfoundland, & have had the same problem with pay at the pump thru Nova Scotia & Newfoundland -- We have a 42ft coach, & just use the auto lanes -- They're not that busy anyway -- All the Irvin's that I've seen with truck lanes, are card lock -- Flying J's are looking better all the time -- William Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 06:44 PM   #4

Thanks for the quick replies. I've traveled in lightly populated areas before (Northwest Territories, Northern B.C., Casiar Hwy, etc) so I anticipated few and far between truck stops. The varying procedures from one to the next are a bit frustrating. Irving at Aulac, ND, for example has clearly marked credit card truck Lane.

I'VE been attempting to use Petro Canada facilities when available within reasonable distance but they are hard to find.
barrys is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel