Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-02-2014, 07:27 PM   #1

Flex hose connected to sinks pulled loose

I am a new owner of a 2003 Monaco Dynasty. (traded a 98 Beaver Patriot for it) Had the Monaco 4 days and noticed a flood of water in the hall after my wife let dish water out of the kitchen sink. I removed the panel under sink to get back to the drain. Unhooked the grooved panel under cabinet to get access to flexible drain hose. Found the hose broke loose from hard plumbing and a lot of water under cabinets. Dried the area out with electric heaters and took the coach back to Guaranty RV in Junction City, OR. and they fixed it among other things. 3 days later, it happened again. Does anyone know how to make a permanent fix?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Jerry
jecapar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2014, 07:36 PM   #2

Solo Rvers Club

Glad you're aboard. Congrats on the new to you rig. My $.02 is to take it back to Guaranty, especially if that's where you bought it. Three days a fix doesn't make. Best of luck. Enjoy your adventures and be safe.
Retired & perfecting procrastination!
DieselTech39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:28 AM   #3

Hi Jerry

Nice to meet you earlier today and glad to see that you posted to the Monaco owners forum. Also, congratulations on the new coach. Once you get this problem whipped, Dee and I hope that you have many many miles of good Dynasty coaching......

You posted late today and I think you will find a lot more readers tomorrow morning and over the next day. As I said earlier this evening, sorry that you are having the problem and hope that someone on here has had the problem before and has some good suggestions on fixes that you can suggest to your dealer if they can't come up with something that is more permanent.
Glad to see you on here, but most of all, hope you get some good suggestions and help from the guys. I have found the technical expertise to be very impressive.

Gary
Demco Baseplate, Demco Toad Light system, 73 de W5FI
Gary.Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 05:20 AM   #4
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Good luck with a solution.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 06:06 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jecapar View Post
I am a new owner of a 2003 Monaco Dynasty. (traded a 98 Beaver Patriot for it) Had the Monaco 4 days and noticed a flood of water in the hall after my wife let dish water out of the kitchen sink. I removed the panel under sink to get back to the drain. Unhooked the grooved panel under cabinet to get access to flexible drain hose. Found the hose broke loose from hard plumbing and a lot of water under cabinets. Dried the area out with electric heaters and took the coach back to Guaranty RV in Junction City, OR. and they fixed it among other things. 3 days later, it happened again. Does anyone know how to make a permanent fix?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Jerry
I have a friend with an 07 Dynasty visiting with the same problem. I took a look at it and the flex hose is leaking about 3 inches from where it is attached. Anybody know how it is attached on the fitting. I will keep an eye on this post.
Old 09-03-2014, 08:11 AM   #6
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Jerry! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang here!

Sorry about your plumbing problem. Enjoy the forum!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 10:39 AM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Welcome and glad to meet you!
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 11:45 AM   #8

We had same prob with our 05 navigator. Dealer fixed it twice. First time he just reglued flex hose
Into existing plastic manifold. It failed overnight. Next time he removed plastic manifold and all other hoses. Made new manifold and glued everything. Been 3 months now and no problems.
Old 09-03-2014, 11:48 AM   #9

It happens a lot I took mine into Foretravel since I was there and they put better clamps to hold piping in place to the cabinets, and used a rubber boot from flex to solid pvc with heavy hose clamps.

Has held for two years now with no issues If they do not have good answer send me email and I can take pics for you. dupdyke@gmail.com

Dupdyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 12:25 PM   #10

water leak and Mold.

Hi Jerry and welcome.
Can’t help on the plumbing issue but I can give you a BIG heads-up because of the flooding.
In my coach, under the kitchen sink, on the “cabinet” floor, was carpet that matched the floor carpet of the coach.

When they built the coach they installed all the flooring, tile and carpet and then set all the cabinetry on top of the flooring. Much faster and thus cheaper to build the coach that way.

In this case when the sink plumbing leaks the water soaks the cabinet floor carpet and then drains down to the carpet under the cabinet in the dead space.
There is no ventilation for the area under the cabinets and there is a layer of carpet then a layer of foam and finely the chipboard subflooring.
When this area gets wet it is a perfect environment for Mold to grow.
When I removed the cabinet floor there was mold on top of the carpet, mold between the carpet and foam pad and mold between the foam pad and chipboard subfloor.

Mold can be dangerous to health and is destructive to your coach and you have no options but to get rid of it.
You really, really must get under there and smell and look.
Cut a big hole in the carpet and foam down to the subfloor.
If you find mold, stop looking and start reading.
You need a bunch of knowledge and these two web sites are a very good place to start your education on mold eradication.

Do the Google dance:
1. HowStuffWorks “How to test for Toxic Mold”.
2. Concrobium.com.

Within reason, mold eradication can be a DIY job but you must go with knowledge and caution.

I have a two more steps two go before I can put my mold eradication program to rest then I can say I been there, done that and don’t want to do it again.

You can tell a lot about a woman's mood just by her hands.
If they are holding a gun, she's probably angry.
bobrw9 is offline   Reply With Quote