Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-19-2018, 11:06 AM   #1

Flush Floor Slide Not Sealing at Top When Closed

While doing new slide toppers and other PM I just noticed that the Flush Floor Slide on the road side does not Seal completely at the top. Just recently installed Guardian Plates. Not sure if it was like this before.
I see alignment bolts on the bottom to adjust height. I do not know how they come into play when closed though.
2007 Diplomat 40PDQ
Gregs4018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-19-2018, 01:05 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
If you didn't leave enough play in the topper, that could hold the top of the slide in.
Make sure you can still rotate the topper towards slack with the slide out.
Captjake1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 01:43 PM   #3

Topper not reinstalled yet
Old 11-19-2018, 01:44 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregs2007Dip View Post
Topper not reinstalled yet
Well poo. So much for that idea. Sounds like it is winding somewhere? Gravity settles it into place.
Old 11-19-2018, 03:57 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captjake1 View Post
Well poo. So much for that idea. Sounds like it is winding somewhere? Gravity settles it into place.
Binding somewhere...
Old 11-19-2018, 04:08 PM   #6

Gregs2007Dip-

If you figure this out, it might help me eliminate a very small gap at the top front of the driver-side slide (when closed) on our coach.

Although, our coach has a glide bar under that slide, rather than rollers. Your coach probably has rollers. I should think that adjusting the rollers would allow you to tip the slide in at the top when closed.

I installed Guardian Plates on both slides last year and they had no effect on the slide adjustment.
l1v3fr33ord1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 05:17 PM   #7

I have the glide bar too!
Old 11-19-2018, 05:29 PM   #8
YC1

I suspect they are shot. They have an alligator mouth with metal fingers. They like to rust out and then let the seals droop.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Slide seals and window seals supplier.pdf (2.26 MB, 39 views)

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 12:42 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
I suspect they are shot. They have an alligator mouth with metal fingers. They like to rust out and then let the seals droop.
Hi Myron,
While I had toppers off I decided to replkace the slide out seal too. Just purchased and installed the Steele one i liked it better than the original one. It was after replacing the seal i noticed the gaps. Theyvared one the top and more evidence at the sides.
Old 11-20-2018, 06:10 AM   #10

On the seals, if I may ask - how did you cut the corners and install them?
Paul L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 06:33 AM   #11
YC1

Can you share the supplier of those seals?

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 06:55 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregs2007Dip View Post
While doing new slide toppers and other PM I just noticed that the Flush Floor Slide on the road side does not Seal completely at the top. Just recently installed Guardian Plates. Not sure if it was like this before.
I see alignment bolts on the bottom to adjust height. I do not know how they come into play when closed though.
2007 Diplomat 40PDQ

Two of my slides are flush floor. One is a full wall 28ft and one is 16ft. The adjustments you mentioned allow up or down at the outer edge of the slide. I've adjusted my full wall with these at the end of the guide rail supports. Think of the slide as a big box. as your adjust the height the box tilts at the top in or out. This a trial and error adjustment because your adjusting the extended fit for gaps when the slide is open and gaps when the slide is closed on the outside of the coach. The adjustment bolts you mentioned are where it is done. Good luck.
Gdawgs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 07:32 AM   #13

Here is an old thread that has some great info on slide seals along with pictures of rusted
metal alligator fingers that YC1 mentioned .

Ray

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/rust...als-83372.html
RamiDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 10:11 AM   #14

The seals I purchased were the Steele Rubber 70-3716-99 40 ft $179.00 on Amazon. I got samples of a few different ones the Original was the Clean Grip G-7024 much more expensive, Steele Rubber had no exposed steel only visible after the cut embedded in the rubber. The Clean Grip has a powdery texture which makes it slide easier. I coated the new Steer Rubber one with 303, but still had to apply talc to the wiper. It will take a bit of time for it slide 100% smooth, but it will get there.
The cut was made on the top wiper (after really working the seal into the corner using the shaft of a screwdriver) straight up close to the vertical bulb(1/4" or so off) then had to cut some off completely on the vertical wiper. Obviously my second corner came out better than my first corner.

Tags
floor, seal, slide