Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-20-2010, 06:46 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Fog lights on 06 HR Endeavor

Good Morning,
I just discovered that one of the fog lights on my MH is not working. They are the standard rectangular blue lens lights that were installed on the coach when new. I took it apart and it apears the bulb is ok. I cleaned the ground and it still don't work. Does anyone know where I can get a new one or two that will fit into the hole made by Monaco? The other thing is does anyone have an idea how to fix it?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2010, 07:03 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Does it light if you apply a know good 12 volt source? If so I would look for a bad fuse, relay or switch. You might be able to check the circuit by finding the right wiring diagram in the PDF Mama has post as a sticky.
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:14 AM   #3

if one lights it can't be the relay. both are on the same relay. try using a good old fashioned 12volt test light at socket first the the wiring before socket. process of elimination. good luck. jim
beaverjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:28 AM   #4

I believe those bulbs are halogen H1 lights. They can appear to be good but still not work. The only sure way is to check the bulb with a ohm meter or swap the known good bulb from the other side. Just as a caution here. If you have touched the glass part of the bulb with your fingers then you have to clean the bulb off with alcohol before you put it back in. Also be careful that you don't touch it with your fingers when you put it back in. The oils from your skin will cause a reflection of heat within these type bulbs and will cause them to fail in the near future.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 03:46 PM   #5

Had the same problem. Make sure you have a good ground AT THE LAMP SOCKET. I had a poor gouund. The wire was rivited to the housing and was bad. Also check the lamp socket condition. The fog lamps are in a great place to get a lot of wet road dirt.
Greg
mahon1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 05:52 AM   #6

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
All, thanks for the replys, I got it fixed. I replaced the bulb from Wal-Mart and all is working.