Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-01-2012, 03:24 PM   #1

found a new mcquires product today

I am going over the rig getting ready to head for texas next week and after I checked tires, oil, trans fluid, coolant, aquahot coolant, and all the light bulbs and put in pc with vmspc and streets gps I had a nice day so I used some mcquires rv gel finish wax. It is in a blue bottle and I went back and bought the five that they had. It put a hard shine on with almost no work and I dont care how long it lasts I can put another coat on in 15 minutes and its hard enough that the bugs are going to bounce off. It shines like new and it is for painted fibergalss gel coated surfaces... Gee sounds like a monaco to me.....http://www.irv2.com/forums/images/smilies/whistling.gif
Dupdyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2012, 04:32 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
And you will get better MPG.. I like that company's products.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:53 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Meguiar's doesn't list any product with a name of "rv gel finish wax". What does it actually say on the label? Manby the product number would help too.
Thanks
Old 10-03-2012, 08:13 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis_K View Post
Meguiar's doesn't list any product with a name of "rv gel finish wax". What does it actually say on the label? Manby the product number would help too.
Thanks
Boat/RV Polish & Gloss Enhancer
Item # : MEG M4516

I started out to just do the front cap so I wont have to work so hard to get all the bugs off and in 2 hours I waxed then entire rig, my motorcycle, and the Vw jetta. It has a hard finish and even shined up the dull headlights that I have tried 3 different headlight restoration kits on. I am happy now next week I will see how it does with bugs on the road going south..
Dupdyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:32 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Yeah, that Mchuiars stuff is pretty good forsure. I use Pledge furnature polish on the front of my rig, as described in other threads. Works great, the bugs pretty much rinse right off.
IMDSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:35 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Now I understand why it went on so easy. "Boat/RV Polish & Gloss Enhancer" is a polish not a wax (according to Meguiar's). I have used their polishes in the past and they work great and provide the results you describe except they do not provide any long lasting protection. Watch the 5-step videos on the Meguiar's website, they are very informative.