Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2009, 12:13 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Found the light = for grab handle

Our Cayman didn’t come with a lighted exterior grab handle, but we thought it sure would be nice to have. Back in January while at Quartzsite, with the help of nice guy Drifter, Rick removed the exterior grab handle, drilled a hole under the grab handle bracket into the side of the motorhome, and modified the wiring inside the door so he could put in a light bulb to illuminate the grab handle. Drifter gave us an old bulb that he had removed, with the part number, and we’ve been looking for a new bulb since then.

Today, just by chance, we pulled into Johnnie Walker RV Center on Boulder Highway in Las Vegas (1-877-879-4750) and the Parts Manager, Dusty, found the LED light bulb we’d been looking for. Although we were looking for part #501806678 we understand that might be a Monaco part number. Dusty said the LED bulb we purchased today for $9.00 is a Tiffin Motorhome part number #008292. The package also has on the label = ITC, Inc. #008292 Bulb for 86430 CR/CL Handle.

Thanks to Drifter for helping us get this, and a lot of other projects, completed. Hope this helps others who may be looking for a LED light bulb for their exterior grab handle. Good luck.

GoneFishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-11-2009, 09:28 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Great looking light guys, Fishbums ability to tackle projects is first rate.

Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 10:22 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Looks GREAT, Mic. Thanks for the tip.

I'm thinking my next project will be to add that light, plus this keypad from TriMark...
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 03:46 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I second that, I've been wanting to light up the grab bar and add the lights at the stairs. That picture looks so good I just tore up my to do list and started a new one with those lights at the top.

Great job

Morancy Adventures!!
03HRVacationer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 04:07 PM   #5

Good looking light handle. Seems to give off more light than the one from the factory. May have to change mine!. Gonefishin-what is that you have on the step treads?
Old 05-19-2009, 08:48 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
The crystal clear handle is the same one that originally came with the Cayman. It just has the LED bulb lighting it up now.

The stair treads are not altered either. They are just the original black material that was there originally. If anyone asks I'll take a photo in the daylight. I think the shadows make them look different.

As part of the modification Rick did while in Quartzsite, he wired the handle light with the step light switch. That made sense to us. If someone is at the door we can turn on the patio light and the handle light without lighting up the interior of the motorhome. He also changed all the other switches by the door so they made sense to us. And he moved the battery cut-off switch to the upper ledge (next to his chair) and close to the wall so it is not easily, accidentally touched.
GoneFishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 06:39 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneFishin View Post
He also changed all the other switches by the door so they made sense to us. And he moved the battery cut-off switch to the upper ledge (next to his chair) and close to the wall so it is not easily, accidentally touched.
It makes a lot of sense to move those switches around. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to their arrangement, and they are very hard to see from inside the coach. I am constantly hitting the wrong one.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grab handle, led light bulb