Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-14-2018, 10:00 AM   #43

PER linked manual PG 314
• The City Water Hook-up in the service center has a built in pressure regulator and one way check valve. The pressure regulator limits the water pressure to approximately 45 PSI.G

That is where you problem is.....either with the built in regulator and/or check valve

You will need to remove service panel/access backside in order to get to check valve & regulator

City Water inlet line ties into same line that pump discharge feeds before going to the cartridge filters.....that way both water sources go thru filters.

Just downstream/right after the Fill/City Water valve is where the built in regulator/check valve is going to be......on the city water line that goes to filters PRIOR to where pump discharge connects.

Disassembly of service water panel required

Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2018, 10:26 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobRoy View Post
I ran your test and believe did so correctly and no flow from the fresh water drain (cold )

I will run the tests one more time tomorrow to be sure.

I believe that this leads me to a failure of the ball valve ( Fresh Water Fill / City Water )

That being said could you please look at that diagram in your link to and its the some one on my manual and tell me where the city water enters into the system I just dont see it I only see where the water comes from the tank to the water pump...please enlighten me if you would?

Thanks
In the diagram, the city enters through the "From the Hose Reel" pipe, identified at the bottom left corner of the Aqua Hot box. Follow the arrows in the Hose Reel pipe and you will see they join with the pipe from the tank an the entry to the filtering system.
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 01:03 PM   #45

Not clear whether the OP's coach has a hose reel. If he does, the following seems to apply.

Pressure regulator is added manually to the hose end on the hose reel.

Comparing pages 314 and 339 of the manual, I'd say there is a check valve above the hose reel, then a tee. At the tee, the water goes in one direction through the city/tank-fill ball valve (and eventually to the fresh water tank) and in the other direction to the tee that is below the water filter canisters. If that is the case, it's possible the city/tank-fill valve is a simple 90-degree ball valve (no built-in regulator or check valve).

If there is no hose reel, then I'd say that the "built-in regulator and check valve" "Old-Biscuit" found in the manual (post 43) may apply.

Our Monaco coach has inconsistencies in its manuals, and that could be the case here.

RobRoy- Do you have a hose reel? Is there a check valve mounted above it?

To "Old-Biscuit's" point, it can be difficult to figure things out with the typical large Monaco white wet bay panel(s) in place. I cut mine down by 9 inches, which helped somewhat.

The test I laid out (city water inlet to drain) does not take into account any interactions with the water filter components. Any restriction there would be reflected in low flow out the drain. However, it's hard to conceive of that affecting the city water flow and not the water pump flow, or the other behavior the OP has described.
l1v3fr33ord1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 06:32 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1v3fr33ord1 View Post
Not clear whether the OP's coach has a hose reel. If he does, the following seems to apply.

Pressure regulator is added manually to the hose end on the hose reel.

Comparing pages 314 and 339 of the manual, I'd say there is a check valve above the hose reel, then a tee. At the tee, the water goes in one direction through the city/tank-fill ball valve (and eventually to the fresh water tank) and in the other direction to the tee that is below the water filter canisters. If that is the case, it's possible the city/tank-fill valve is a simple 90-degree ball valve (no built-in regulator or check valve).

If there is no hose reel, then I'd say that the "built-in regulator and check valve" "Old-Biscuit" found in the manual (post 43) may apply.

Our Monaco coach has inconsistencies in its manuals, and that could be the case here.

RobRoy- Do you have a hose reel? Is there a check valve mounted above it?

To "Old-Biscuit's" point, it can be difficult to figure things out with the typical large Monaco white wet bay panel(s) in place. I cut mine down by 9 inches, which helped somewhat.

The test I laid out (city water inlet to drain) does not take into account any interactions with the water filter components. Any restriction there would be reflected in low flow out the drain. However, it's hard to conceive of that affecting the city water flow and not the water pump flow, or the other behavior the OP has described.

Mark I ran you test yesterday and no flow from low point cold drain.

Tested again today had the DW watching the cold low point open and no flow from the low point again.

So I switched the valve from fresh water fill / City water position again and the DW said she seen water... but little ...... sooo I switched the valve back and forth fast a few times and then seen a good flow of water coming out the cold point drain. closed the drain and now have a decent flow of water in the coach.

I believe that there is a issue with the fresh water fill / City water valve itself like a o-ring that has slipped or such. I will give a update once home and take a it apart and take a look.

Thanks to you, and all that have contributed to this thread and that contribute to this site in general

ps My coach has no hose reel.
Old 02-14-2018, 07:17 PM   #47
YC1

While helping a friend today a check valve on his HWH turned out to NOT be a ball valve but instead had a little piece of plastic doing the job. I can see how a valve designed this way could stick.

I bet the on/off flipping unstuck it and perhaps if it acts up again just give it a good whop right on the screw that holds the valve lever on.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 10:21 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
While helping a friend today a check valve on his HWH turned out to NOT be a ball valve but instead had a little piece of plastic doing the job. I can see how a valve designed this way could stick.

I bet the on/off flipping unstuck it and perhaps if it acts up again just give it a good whop right on the screw that holds the valve lever on.

Thank You all
Old 02-15-2018, 02:00 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
PER linked manual PG 314
• The City Water Hook-up in the service center has a built in pressure regulator and one way check valve. The pressure regulator limits the water pressure to approximately 45 PSI.G

That is where you problem is.....either with the built in regulator and/or check valve

You will need to remove service panel/access backside in order to get to check valve & regulator

City Water inlet line ties into same line that pump discharge feeds before going to the cartridge filters.....that way both water sources go thru filters.

Just downstream/right after the Fill/City Water valve is where the built in regulator/check valve is going to be......on the city water line that goes to filters PRIOR to where pump discharge connects.

Disassembly of service water panel required

If needed where can the regulator and check valve be purchased ?
Old 02-15-2018, 09:52 PM   #50
YC1

https://www.amazon.com/Smith-Cooper-...ch+check+valve

Here is an example of a check valve. Probably can get one at Lowes etc.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 04:38 AM   #51

Monaco Owners Club
Kinda late to the party, but I wanted to see if I could help (altho there's some high-power ideas here already). Had a similar problem , and solved it with this from eBay ...

WATTS RV Diverter Ball Valve City Water Fill Valve 1/2" Part # DFV-M1-Z *NIB*

I hope i pasted it right. Nope, guess not. Anyways, it's the first one that pops up, the one for $59.99
RustyTools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 09:13 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyTools View Post
Kinda late to the party, but I wanted to see if I could help (altho there's some high-power ideas here already). Had a similar problem , and solved it with this from eBay ...

WATTS RV Diverter Ball Valve City Water Fill Valve 1/2" Part # DFV-M1-Z *NIB*

I hope i pasted it right. Nope, guess not. Anyways, it's the first one that pops up, the one for $59.99

Old 06-13-2018, 09:56 AM   #53

The conclusion.

This could be one of life's most embarrassing moments.

Got back home and still had to wait a couple of months to address this issue due to weather and other priorities.

So I hooked up the coach to garage water supply and tested.

With water in freshwater tank and with the water pump on ...great water pressure.

Water pump off valve turned to " City water" water pressure starts dropping and in short order down to a trickle....hmmm?

With the freshwater fill still in on position ....I open low point drain and lots of water flowed, so I let it run for half hour with no issue and still lots of water. Hmmm?

I looked at the plumbing routing and scratch my head a bit.

So I decide to pull the water filters and take a look and both filters were very contaminated. So I replace with two new filters and ........PROBLEM SOLVED!

The regulated city water pressure would NOT push water thu the contaminated filter(s)

HOWEVER with the water pump ON it would

Had I not seen this with my own eyes i may not have believed it..yikes!

Yes the filters were replaced before heading south on our trip ( I keep 6 in stock) but while at the RV park in Fla the water lines in the park ruptured twice in less than a month and I had never given a second thought about that being an issue and contaminating the filter so quickly

Thanks to all that contributed to this post and other posts without youens I may have bailed out of the RV world by now.

Ohhh and the Fire ants? ...wow! what an experience that was, my ankles have scars now that look like they were burned by welding slag

Thank you all and

Happy Trails
Old 06-14-2018, 02:38 AM   #54

Quote:
The conclusion.

Got back home and still had to wait a couple of months to address this issue due to weather and other priorities.

With water in freshwater tank and with the water pump on ...great water pressure.

Water pump off valve turned to " City water" water pressure starts dropping and in short order down to a trickle....hmmm?

With the freshwater fill still in on position ....I open low point drain and lots of water flowed, so I let it run for half hour with no issue and still lots of water. Hmmm?

So I decide to pull the water filters and take a look and both filters were very contaminated. So I replace with two new filters and ........PROBLEM SOLVED!

The regulated city water pressure would NOT push water thu the contaminated filter(s)

Yes the filters were replaced before heading south on our trip ( I keep 6 in stock) but while at the RV park in Fla the water lines in the park ruptured twice in less than a month and I had never given a second thought about that being an issue and contaminating the filter so quickly

Thanks to all that contributed to this post and other posts without youens I may have bailed out of the RV world by now.

Ohhh and the Fire ants? ...wow! what an experience that was, my ankles have scars now that look like they were burned by welding slag

Thank you all and

Happy Trails

How did you deal with the FAnts at sites and keep them out of coach?
Old 06-14-2018, 03:59 AM   #55

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
The conclusion.

Thank you all and

Happy Trails
Most have a check valve on the city water before the filter, when the water pump comes on, the check valve will close thus taking all the water from the tank..........
Old 06-14-2018, 08:49 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
Most have a check valve on the city water before the filter, when the water pump comes on, the check valve will close thus taking all the water from the tank..........

I believe I comprehend what you're saying and that is why even with the valve in the "City Water" position and using the water pump it would eventually empty the fresh water tank and then start spitting air.

Tags
fresh water, valve, water