Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-02-2019, 12:20 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Yes, thanks for the update, Joe, helps us all.

I'm curious, did I understand that the repairman was able to fix your Dometic Elite? I wasn't aware it could be done, what'd he do?

Thanks!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-30-2020, 07:38 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyTools View Post
Yes, thanks for the update, Joe, helps us all.

I'm curious, did I understand that the repairman was able to fix your Dometic Elite? I wasn't aware it could be done, what'd he do?

Thanks!

I pulled it out and he found the crack and heli arc welded it. Guy is good.

joe
joeplazek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 09:25 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeplazek View Post
I pulled it out and he found the crack and heli arc welded it. Guy is good.

joe

Wow, I'm certainly no refrigeration expert but this is the first time I've ever read about such a repair. If there was a leak I can't see how there was any hydrogen or ammonia left in the system and I thought before they could be recharged they had to be flushed and very, very, few places have the equipment to do so.

If all he did was weld the leak, keep a close eye on it. If the hydrogen is gone I'm not even sure how it's cooling. Am I missing something? Curious minds want to know.
astrnmrtom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 09:32 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrnmrtom View Post
Wow, I'm certainly no refrigeration expert but this is the first time I've ever read about such a repair. If there was a leak I can't see how there was any hydrogen or ammonia left in the system and I thought before they could be recharged they had to be flushed and very, very, few places have the equipment to do so.

If all he did was weld the leak, keep a close eye on it. If the hydrogen is gone I'm not even sure how it's cooling. Am I missing something? Curious minds want to know.

He welded and then recharged it. Working well.

joe
Old 04-08-2020, 10:02 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeplazek View Post
He welded and then recharged it. Working well.

joe

So this repairman is set up with proper equipment to not only weld cracks in cooling unit tubing BUT also recharge the cooling unit with the proper mix of Ammonia, Hydrogen, Sodium Chromate and Water to 300 psi?????

Need to post his business name/location so others can take advantage of his skills.
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 08:19 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Biscuit View Post
So this repairman is set up with proper equipment to not only weld cracks in cooling unit tubing BUT also recharge the cooling unit with the proper mix of Ammonia, Hydrogen, Sodium Chromate and Water to 300 psi?????

Need to post his business name/location so others can take advantage of his skills.
Here you go! Sean Evans 1 519 209 3088 - He is in Ontario, Canada geographically just so everyone is well aware before you call. But yes he did it all. I took the fridge out and dropped it off. He found the leak and recharged it. Works better than it ever did.

joe

Tags
advice, fridge, leak