RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-06-2008, 08:23 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Today, on our first long road trip we pulled into our TT site and took our time walking around the MH, savoring the moment. (WOW, we made it & nothing went wrong!) I guess we lingered just a few minutes too many because our neighbor (fellow Monaco owner) came over to see if we needed anything. (perhaps we looked like we needed help?) We said no, and we ALL proceeded to check out the electrical pedestal and sewer connection. Rick tried to remove the sewer cover but it was on too tight, so the neighbor went to his MH to get a BIG pipe wrench. After that was quickly taken care of, another neighbor across the way (yep, another Monaco-HR owner) came over to see if we needed anything. We just talked for a while. They both complimented our La Palma & toad which made us feel great. And later Rick and I both remarked to each other how friendly and helpful the Monaco owners were.

We realized that just offering some help makes you feel welcome and not alone if you do need something. We'll be on the lookout for others who seem to need something that we can offer. Maybe it will be just a hello and welcome. After all, we have the Monaco reputation to live up to.

GoneFishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2008, 09:15 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Isn't it awesome to know someone will always be there to help you if needed?

ok... Do you know who the only other RV owners are that are friendlier than "Monaco/HR" owners?

You won't have to think too hard...because the answer is practically under your noses!!

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:49 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
!!! irv2 !!!

Do I get a prize?

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 05:10 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Bob....
You are halfway there!

(a half a dusting of extra "Pixie dust" for you!!)

MM

Old 01-07-2008, 05:25 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Ummmm.....Monoco/HR/Beaver/Safari/irv2?? Oh yeah, and M&M's chocalate candy? Hmmm...that can't be right, DOH! Who, who?
Old 01-07-2008, 07:13 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
To be clear, I think of "Monaco" as all the coaches that come under the umbrella of Monaco Corporation. It's nice to walk the campground and see soooo many Monaco Corp. coaches and even 5th wheels.

We have our iRV2 stickers posted in both the front and rear windows. If you don't have yours yet go to the HOME PAGE and look for the link to STICKER on the left. There is a lot of neat stuff on the home page if you haven't looked in a while.

RVers in general tend to be friendly folks, I find retired RVers to be especially friendly.
Old 01-07-2008, 08:19 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Ummmm.....Monoco/HR/Beaver/Safari/irv2?? Oh yeah, and M&M's chocolate candy? Hmmm...that can't be right, DOH! Who, who?
AK...Is the M&M candies a weak attempt at a bribe?

Ok...I feel the answer is anyone who is a member in iRV2's own "Monaco Owners Forum"!! I think we have the best group of RVers anywhere in our own group here. All of you put up with my silliness; many of you answer questions that some of you smarter ones would think..."how stupid" if you were in any another group; We are all able to laugh at ourselves and each other... but MOST IMPORTANTLY... we are always there for the others!

Thank you all for allowing me to be a part of this wonderful group!!

MM

Old 01-07-2008, 08:59 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
TT site/ is that for Thousand Trails?
If so what park are you in?
We are at TT Palm Springs site # 269.
If you are here come on by and say HI.
===========================================

Quote:
Originally posted by GoneFishin:
Today, on our first long road trip we pulled into our TT site and took our time walking around the MH, savoring the moment. (WOW, we made it & nothing went wrong!) I guess we lingered just a few minutes too many because our neighbor (fellow Monaco owner) came over to see if we needed anything. (perhaps we looked like we needed help?) We said no, and we ALL proceeded to check out the electrical pedestal and sewer connection. Rick tried to remove the sewer cover but it was on too tight, so the neighbor went to his MH to get a BIG pipe wrench. After that was quickly taken care of, another neighbor across the way (yep, another Monaco-HR owner) came over to see if we needed anything. We just talked for a while. They both complimented our La Palma & toad which made us feel great. And later Rick and I both remarked to each other how friendly and helpful the Monaco owners were.

We realized that just offering some help makes you feel welcome and not alone if you do need something. We'll be on the lookout for others who seem to need something that we can offer. Maybe it will be just a hello and welcome. After all, we have the Monaco reputation to live up to.
rvtips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:06 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
We are at site 5, on the far west side of the park. Are you moving over to the FMCA rally? We will find each other tomorrow.
Old 01-07-2008, 09:19 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Quote:
We are at site 5, on the far west side of the park. Are you moving over to the FMCA rally? We will find each other tomorrow
WOOO-HOOOO!! Another iRV2 connection about to happen!! Gosh.. I love this forum!! How else can you know you have another RVer near you with something in common!!

MM

Old 01-07-2008, 09:22 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Hey Mic.. let them know they should be glad they aren't in Martinez ... also let them know Sacs and I are both from the bay area!

MM

Old 01-08-2008, 05:02 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Hey Mick and Rick,
We are in the Shadow Hills RV Park and will be headed to the FMCA Rally later this morning. We went there yesterday to see how to get there.
The Entrance is on Arabia Street. A couple of roads are blocked off strictly for the Rally.

I was REALLY surprised that they were bringing people to thier RV sites already. Ther are a LOT of them already. When we sighned up over the internet, FMCA said that everyone would be in a "holding area" until Wednesday. We could have been there as soon as the dogshow was over. Oh well, we have our fresh water topped off and our other tanks emptied before the show.

We will be in the "General" area.
See you there.
Oh yeah, remember that our license plate is Alaska JOMBRI on the MH and the toad is a green Saturn VUE with Alaska BRICK on the license plate.

AKBrick
Old 01-08-2008, 06:01 AM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
AK...OK.. I KNOW you have a camera...and I am sure GoneFishin has a camera... BUT the two of you have yet to post pics!

I am expecting to get at least the 4 of you together and walk you through how to post those great photos that you will be taking!
(Call me and I will do it via phone if I need to!)

I can also arrange a "bring your own drinks" gathering for all the Monaco iRV2ers (ok...we can include non-Monaco people too)that are there....long distance..of course!

Have a great time & we will talk to you guys soon!

MM

Old 01-08-2008, 07:49 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
AK, I sent you guys a PM. We have our marching orders.