RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-16-2016, 03:27 PM   #1

Front air tank issue on 2001 Imperial

I have a 2001 HR Imperial, I have been having issues with the front air not coming up when started. It takes about 1 to 2 hours to fully air up. Also when aired up it loses air and drops in a few days. I have replaced the Air Height Control Valve....did not help. I have been trying to find the Part No. for the check valve that threads into the air tank, thought that might be it. Talked with Monaco Tech help and parts, Tech could not tell me much and parts could not get me a part number. Anyone out there have any ideas.....

allatoona is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-16-2016, 03:31 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by allatoona View Post
I have a 2001 HR Imperial, I have been having issues with the front air not coming up when started. It takes about 1 to 2 hours to fully air up. Also when aired up it loses air and drops in a few days. I have replaced the Air Height Control Valve....did not help. I have been trying to find the Part No. for the check valve that threads into the air tank, thought that might be it. Talked with Monaco Tech help and parts, Tech could not tell me much and parts could not get me a part number. Anyone out there have any ideas.....
With as long as it takes to air up it seems like you should be able to hear that leak. I would get a bottle of soapy water and just lay around under there for awhile. Spray if you hear air. Obvious suggestion I know but no other way I know of to find it. Good luck.

gemert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 09:15 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
When did you last service your air dryer? If you have the Haldex Pure air plus the coalescent filter can plug and break. The dissicant filter can fail and spread powder through the system. The air goes from the air dryer to the wet side of the front tank.

Have you tried opening the low point drain on the wet side of the front tank to see what comes out?
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 05:58 PM   #4

Send a message via Skype™ to tomgauger
Air Tank Drains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coma View Post
When did you last service your air dryer? If you have the Haldex Pure air plus the coalescent filter can plug and break. The dissicant filter can fail and spread powder through the system. The air goes from the air dryer to the wet side of the front tank.

Have you tried opening the low point drain on the wet side of the front tank to see what comes out?
While we're on the subject, can anyone tell me the location of the air tank drains on my '01 Exec?
tomgauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 11:08 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I would imagine as Coma has said you have a air dryer problem and probably the unloaded stuck open.
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 06:25 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgauger View Post
While we're on the subject, can anyone tell me the location of the air tank drains on my '01 Exec?
IIRC you have two on the front tank, one for the wet side (curb) and one for the dry side. The rear has only one. They are petcock valves and you must have access to th tank. I've replaced my two front ones with lanyard valves.

Coma is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank