RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-03-2010, 12:57 PM   #1

front and side dash board blinking

Hello all, sometimes when i crank up the coach the front and side dash board lights blink on and off about 15 or so times, i have looked front to back of manual and can not find any reference to this. anyone have the same experience? thanks ..

2009 HR Endeavor 38'

jeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2010, 09:31 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
jeaux...Welcome to iRV2! I have added your coach type to your signature because it may help members to know what coach you have in order to diagnose the problem.

I am also going to move this down to the Monaco area since it could be some sort of Monaco thing.

I have a couple more questions for you so that it is clear what happens...
  • You say "when i crank up the coach" do you mean when you turn the engine over? (I first thought of using the jacks and going up)
  • "front and side dash board lights blink" ..I take it that means the side arm lights are blinking when the regular dash lights blink - correct?
  • Are there any buzzers or chimes that happen at the same time?
I am sure one of the members in Monaco can help once they understand exactly what is happening...

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 02:44 PM   #3

Thanks MonacoMama for putting my coach specs on here, never thought about to mention the specs, newbie here bear with me.

Yes it is when the engine just starts and is running, the side arm switches that are illuminated all blink along with the dash gauge lights and even the switches that are illuminated on the panel to the right of the steering wheel that are around the radio. and if i remember correctly the usual bells and alarms are chirping as when you always start up. it has not do this every time and i have only owned the coach for a month and a half.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:00 PM   #4

I have had something that sounds like this happen to me one time. It occurred after all power had been removed from the coach. Basically it was the computers re-setting. It has never happened again though. The only time I can think of when all those lights blink and bells chime is when I press the unlock button on the remote.
Mandys Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 03:06 PM   #5

Hello jeaux/joe. When I first saw your handle, knew you had to be from Acadiana. Love your area, we go there quite often as our FMCA chapter has 3 rallys a year @ Rayne. Just spent Mardi Gras @ Eunice/Mamou. As long as that's there we won't go back to New Orleans for Mardi Gras even though we live near there. Got to go to Fred's on Lundi Gras and Mardi Gras mornings and dance to the Chank-A-Chank music. Left there on Wednesday for Rayne for the rest of the week.
Wish I could help you on your problem, "that one hasn't happened to me yet". Probably one of those phantom currents that's just waiting in the wings to happen.

Dave
MCDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:29 PM   #6

Thanks for your replies, i am going to keep a close eye on the system when i start in the future, will post if continues to happen. hello, MCDDY yep you guessed right i am from good ole acadiana. In a camp ground in Florida right now eating some shrimp etouffee as i type. And Mardi Gras anywhere in Louisiana is a good thing LOL! Take Care
Old 03-13-2010, 08:19 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Not sure how you operate, Jeaux, but I keep my ignition key on a separate key ring. What you describe has happened to me - I usually find that the remote un-lock key fob is in my pocket and had somehow been activated. If you can get to the fob before the blinking stops on it's own try hitting lock and see if it stops.

2006 Diplomat 40PDQ
Chris-Alto,TX is offline   Reply With Quote