RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2012, 09:06 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Front drivers side slide 12v lights inop

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have a query that one of you may know the answer to, and it is as follows.

On our last weekend trip I discovered that the 12v incandescent lighting in the main drivers side slide was inop and it had been working recently. I checked the rear fuse panel to no avail and I looked in the owners manual to see if any fuses were located in the main panel below the driver. The strange thing is the fluorescent lights in the slide do work - its just the wall sconces and the halogen dim able lighting.

Now I just remembered so I rechecked every where I could and though it's not a trip killer, my 5yr old daughter and I are heading to southern California Wednesday at O-dark in the am. So I'd like to check it out a little more while I can.

Here are the particulars: 2004 Beaver Santiam 40PDQ - front roadside slide no power to the 12 incandescent lighting and the 12v power receptacle. The fluorescent lights in the slide do work.

Thanks in advance,

Allen

dieselbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2012, 11:51 PM   #2
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Someone had a similar problem the other day. Check under the slide for the wiring harness. You may have torn a wire loose or a plug has come loose that powers just the incandescent lights.

You may also want to take a long wire and attach to a good metal ground and then attach to one of the lights to see if you loss the ground to them.

Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 09:15 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Don,

I had that in mind, but what I really am looking for is someone who knows an access point for the slide wiring. Underneath there is only an ABS tube and from where I've checked inside I haven't found where Monaco runs the wiring up. Oh well, I leave after work today so I'll look when on the road. I won't be able to check the forums till we arrive. Thanks again.

Allen
dieselbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 11:40 AM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Turn them on while you're driving this evening and see if they go on and off......might tell you that you have a moving short.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lights, slide