RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-22-2007, 09:01 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
My front heat pump isn't coming on...rear works fine, furnice works fine, but no front heat pump...all I can find in the manual, is keep the filters clean...
Any ideas?

teofff is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-22-2007, 09:01 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
My front heat pump isn't coming on...rear works fine, furnice works fine, but no front heat pump...all I can find in the manual, is keep the filters clean...
Any ideas?

Old 12-22-2007, 09:19 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Bruce,
MM told me this morning that ours gave up on Thursday Night...
I had noticed it was not coming on when I got here yesterday and found the breaker in the closet was tripped, so reset that..It now comes on, but you can hear the compressor trying to turn on and not making it..Going to be looking at the warranty on those today..
Oh well, these things need the 15k in the front anyway Should be standard equip on these large rigs..
Good luck with yours..Hope it is just a breaker !!!

I just realized I posted under her sign-in, Should log out and back in under my own moniker, I guess...

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 09:51 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
SACS...how was the drive over the pass yesterday? Hope you caught a clear day. Surprise, surprise, it's raining again today in Portland
Old 12-22-2007, 09:53 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
SACS....you were right on the money...it was a circuit breaker.....I owe ya!!!
Old 12-22-2007, 12:39 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MonacoMama:
Bruce,
MM told me this morning that ours gave up on Thursday Night...
I had noticed it was not coming on when I got here yesterday and found the breaker in the closet was tripped, so reset that..It now comes on, but you can hear the compressor trying to turn on and not making it..Going to be looking at the warranty on those today..
Oh well, these things need the 15k in the front anyway Should be standard equip on these large rigs..
Good luck with yours..Hope it is just a breaker !!!

I just realized I posted under her sign-in, Should log out and back in under my own moniker, I guess... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sacs,

Before this 2006 Diplomat I had a 2007 Tropical. Both start capacitors in the AC's went out within 2 weeks of each other. I believe Dometic went on the cheap with the starters and had to change back to something more substantial. I say this because the new ones they sent me were different and larger. You could have the same made in Mexico ones I had at first.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 01:19 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Nodine,
Just checked the warranty paperwork and it shows 3 year parts and 2 year labor, so I'll have them do it and upgrade to a 15K after this warranty is complete..That way we'll have a longer warranty period..

Teoff,
Glad to be of service...No charge..Except payment to the Toll Troll, of course..
Drive up was uneventful and long...Morning coming through about shasta city was 23* with ice on the sides of roadway and fome fingers at the left side of lane. Lots of idiots trying to do 75 but didn't see any spin outs or anything..More snow at Ashland pass and that area than I had ever seen, but I don't think I ever came up here past Thanksgiving before..
SacsTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 12:11 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Mine seems to trip the breaker also. Had to do a reset last night, we'll se how it does tonight.
Old 12-29-2007, 04:36 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Not sure exactly what trips mine...it will run for a day, or even two, and then trip...I know it's not using to much juice, because we were in bed the other night, everything but bedroom TV and light off, and it tripped.
RV gremlins
Old 12-29-2007, 06:48 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Teaofff,

If you feel comfortable doing it; check the circuit breakers in your AC panel. I had a rear A/C-Heat pump that was tripping the breaker on occassion. When I checked it the back was cracked & heat warped and the hot lead screw was not tight. Wound up checking all breakers and replaced three and tightened the hot lead screws on several. No problem since then.

Green lights and soft breezes,
Old 12-30-2007, 11:00 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Ours has been running fine since the 1st breaker trip, I'll have to check my breakers for that Roland, thanks, I didnt think of that.