Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-08-2007, 05:22 AM   #1
Retired Senior Member

Before I take her to the shop, any suggestions of where to "kick"? The front jack does not operate when the extend switch is pushed. Worked fine all week but when I tried to park her at my house, the front does not respond. Back jacks operate fine.

RonNBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-08-2007, 05:22 AM   #2
Retired Senior Member

Before I take her to the shop, any suggestions of where to "kick"? The front jack does not operate when the extend switch is pushed. Worked fine all week but when I tried to park her at my house, the front does not respond. Back jacks operate fine.

Old 05-08-2007, 12:15 PM   #3

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Recently I was told that if the system finds level without using a specific jack it does so. For me it was my left rear that did not operate. The local Monaco certified repair shop was my source of this info.
Regards,
Old 05-09-2007, 04:20 AM   #4
Retired Senior Member

I think I'll "reboot" by moving the coach a few feet and doing an air-dump then see what happens. I suspect the contact on the manual toggle switch.

Thanks for the input.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:16 AM   #5
Retired Senior Member

I removed the fill cap on the hydraulics oil reservoir yesterday and found that the "dip-stick" attachment was broken off! Probably jammed up in a valve somewhere! DOH!
Old 05-17-2007, 12:32 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Dude -
So what are you waiting for? Get out the Saw-Z-All and start looking for that dip-stick attachment! Tim Taylor would be so-o-o-o proud.

In all seriousness, how much is left on the cap? Or did it all go inside? OUCH!!

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 04:21 PM   #7
Retired Senior Member

Man, as soon as the blade pierced the tank, I got a face full of hydraulic fluid! Sure wish I had drained it first!

Actually, I don't know how big a piece is missing. I can see where there was a piece about half the diameter of pencil broken off even with the bottom of the cap/plug threads. I assume it was the "dip-stick" with a marking section for fluid level.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:18 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Man, as soon as the blade pierced the tank, I got a face full of hydraulic fluid! Sure wish I had drained it first! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Were the dogs anywhere nearby to get their "monthly" lube-wash?!

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 04:44 AM   #9
Retired Senior Member

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MonacoMama:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Man, as soon as the blade pierced the tank, I got a face full of hydraulic fluid! Sure wish I had drained it first! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Were the dogs anywhere nearby to get their "monthly" lube-wash?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aaarrrggghhh! Is there no mercy to be had!

How ya doin Mama?
Old 07-18-2007, 04:58 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Ron the jacks on your coach are made by RVA here is their web site http://www.rvajacks.com/
I dont think that the breather cap has a dip stick on it, If the jack is extending but not lifting it probaly trash in the valve (middle valve for the front) extend it and release pressure by opening the T valve, If it dont move at all give RVA A call they are nice folks and will help you at 760-746-5732
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote