Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-21-2013, 10:02 AM   #29
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
WOW! That was too close a call! Sure glad everyone, including the pups, is OK!

Don't know if you would want to take this route or not, but below is what I did about the monster that was hanging down over my dash!

The head-banger is finally GONE!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-21-2013, 08:17 PM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrateSilly View Post
We were supposed to leave yesterday to go on vacation but things like this story had Thom double checking things and found that no the TV was not quite secure and that one sits right above his head while driving. So needless to say fixing things and making sure things like the TV falling don't happen and a few other things we are leaving this morning instead. All good thou we do have 2 wks to make where we are going and to come back.
Wow, perhaps the IRV2 blogs may have saved someones life.

Last Update:
I removed the wood frame this afternoon and found that behind the wood frame there is a metal frame that is easily removable from the front. Someone suggested that the owner took their LED TV out and simply shoved the old TV back in and I believe that is exactly what happened. When you remove the old TV the metal frame that is screwed into the sides and top of the TV comes out with it. So the previous owner or their tech removed the old TV, removed the metal rame from the TV and reinstalled the metal frame without the TV. Then apparently when they sold it they just stuck the old TV back in the hole without reattaching to the metal frame.

Other news, the RV dealer did indeed pay for the new TV and mounting frame. I will install it and fix the small cut in the dash (I hope this can be done, any ideas?). I didn't want to mention the dealers name previously but I will now. It's Burton Campers in Calera, Alabama just south of Birmingham. I would recommend them highly if you are in the area and if you want to look at RV's make sure you ask for Don (Smith I think). He is great to work with.

Thanks everyone for all your thoughtful responses to this incident. I love IRV2 and truly believe it is a powerfull tool that may indeed save lives as time goes by.

Old 05-21-2013, 08:27 PM   #31
Moderator Emeritus

Wow. I'm impressed with that dealer.

Thanks for following up. Glad things worked out to your satisfaction.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:07 PM   #32

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie300s View Post
I have seriously considered that possibility but after thinking about it a bit, I'm quite sure that the owner did not swap out the TV before he traded it and simply stick the old one back in the hole for several reasons:
1. The TV that fell out was the original RCA unit that is covered in the owners manual.
2. Who would keep the old TV laying around anyway.
3. LED's are so cheap it wouldn't be worth the trouble, especially since their new MH already had TV's.
4. The previous owners kept the MH in imaculate condition. Everything about the coach was perfect (except the ice maker wasn't working). I can't imagine that they would have left it in this condition on purpose. It was surely a service tech that worked on it for them at some point.
5. And the number 1 reason (5 actually) There is no evidence that a LED TV had ever been installed. The cabinet was not modified in any way from the original configuration.

PS, I have not tried to turn on the old TV. It will never go back in any MH. It will be in our office dumpster soon.
Actually since you maintain it was ( or likely was) the original TV, convinces me to stick with my original theory, owner put it back in and saved the good one. I still have the TV I pulled out to replace with a Flat Screen, I use it in my garage. I have helped a neighbor replace his and we did not modify the wood surround, the wider TV hid all that, just rigged a nice rear bracket to the original rear mounts. Oh, and he saved the old TV and the wood frame. People go to lengths to save a few bucks sometimes.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:07 AM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
On our Imperial the tv sits above the driver's seat. When I went to replace it with a flat screen I pulled two screws and down it came. I was lucky I caught the dang thing. I think had I not changed it it would have eventually fell out on my head. Glad yours didn't hurt anyone.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:39 AM   #34
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Thank you for the update.

See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote