Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-27-2010, 04:52 PM   #1

Front TV Shuts Off When Engine Starts

Does anyone understand this one. If I am on the generator with the tvs on, using the antennae, and I start the engine, I lose the front tv (goes off) while the bedroom tv continues to play. My '95 Dynasty is new to me and it would seem that such an interlock might be useful if it kept you from watching the TV while you were driving. Is that what is happenng?
DonBaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-27-2010, 05:00 PM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
such an interlock might be useful if it kept you from watching the TV while you were driving. Is that what is happenng?
Yes.
AFChap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 05:06 PM   #3

Yes, but this can be bypassed.
It's illegal to have a TV on while driving that is viewable by the driver.
Bill Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 06:16 PM   #4
a k

Newmar Owners Club
You sure it's just not the smart thing to do?
I can't find a law that says you can't do it.
a k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 06:34 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The Law of good sense
Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 06:41 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
AK, Bill is correct that the TV must be positioned so that the driver does not have a view of it while driving. In my pre-retirement days I was a cop and this was a quick ticket....
Old 03-28-2010, 05:05 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I actually had my back up camera hooked up to my TV. It really worked great. Just a quick glance up like a rear view mirror, and you could see the whole world behind you. That was in my old coach and it took me a bit to get used to the normal back up camera monitor in my present coach.
Pvt. E1 Retired, Shadow Hills,Ca.
Chuck 1935 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 05:50 PM   #8
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Defeating the lockout for the purposes of running the TV while driving is a safety issue. There is a value to defeating the system though. Anyone who has an in-motion satelite will find it useful to have the TV running while jockeying the coach into a campsite. This will allow you to see if you are clear of the trees and other obstructions before stopping the coach.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:32 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I bypassed the switch in mine. I did so because the safety outlet had shorted and I would rather run the electronics through a surge protector. I installed a strip in the compartment next to the TV and ran the power cord from the TV into there.
The switch in question is behind the TV in my coach. I had to remove the TV to get to it. You could rewire that switch and keep the TV plugged in there or run the power cord into the compartment next to it.

Mat
Old 03-29-2010, 01:15 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACRacing View Post
I bypassed the switch in mine. I did so because the safety outlet had shorted and I would rather run the electronics through a surge protector. I installed a strip in the compartment next to the TV and ran the power cord from the TV into there.
The switch in question is behind the TV in my coach. I had to remove the TV to get to it. You could rewire that switch and keep the TV plugged in there or run the power cord into the compartment next to it.

Mat
My 97 Endeavor has a blue outlet box in the dash for the TV. There are two 12v lines coming out of it. there is a white plug on those 12v lines. I just unplugged the white 12v plug and the 110v outlet is hot all tht time. I did it so the tv does not go off when I start the engine for the sake of starting the engine. Although, we were stopped behind a wreck that blocked the road for about an hour and I was running the dash air so I did watch some TV from the drivers seat with the coach in Park. IMHO the outlet should go dead when the gearshift is moved from park, not when the engine starts. I think I can remember to turn it off before I go driving down the road though.
AWMIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:35 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
We have a 07, 42' Camelot -- I pulled the F-15 fuse in the front run bay, & now the TV stays on when the key is turned on -- It`s marked TV/Level Lock Out -- I don`t know what level lock out is, but I pulled the fuse about 2 years ago, & as far I know, only the front TV is affected -- I have air leveling, so it may have something to do with hydraulic jacks -- Bill Willard
William Willard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 03:32 PM   #12

With the in motion satelite we like to listen to music while driving.Some areas don't have what I like to listen to on the radio.
BOB
bldrbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 06:32 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I also pulled the F-15 fuse and it only seems to effect the TV and we have leveling Jacks. So like Bill I am not sure why the fuse talks about level lockout.
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 09:20 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by itdave View Post
I also pulled the F-15 fuse and it only seems to effect the TV and we have leveling Jacks. So like Bill I am not sure why the fuse talks about level lockout.
I think the level lock out is to prevent the jacks from lowering when the engine is running.
Ron