Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-03-2014, 01:20 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Frozen water line.. where?

So we got real cold (11F), super low for Dallas. We elected to stay at our daughter house, mainly because the roads were impassable. I turned my AquaHot on (keeps the fresh tank warms) and ran the heaters in the wet bay. As far as I can tell, everything in these areas remained above freezing.

But something is frozen, and I would guess the line from the fresh tank to the wet bay. That assumes that the line is in the open, under the chassis. Anyone who can confirm this? Sure is a weak link in winterization of the coach.....
Johnontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-03-2014, 02:21 PM   #2

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Does your wetbay heater acctually work?
On mine, the fan comes on, but no heat, even when the temp is below freezing !!
Old 03-03-2014, 03:44 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
Does your wetbay heater acctually work?
On mine, the fan comes on, but no heat, even when the temp is below freezing !!
I have a remote temperature sensor in the wet bay and it showed 46 degrees. And yes, the heater runs and produces heat.
Old 03-03-2014, 05:03 PM   #4

Hey John, I also have an 09 KFQ and looked at my fresh and wet bays. I dont see any exposed pipes. Was your sewer hose hooked up? That would allow some cold air in the wet bay, and if your AH was not cycling real often there may have bedn enough time to freeze something.

How about a ceramic heater in the wet bay for a while?

Was the AH on enough to keep the living area well above freezing? Were your "wet" cabinet doors open?

Best wishes!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:47 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCamelot View Post
So we got real cold (11F), super low for Dallas. We elected to stay at our daughter house, mainly because the roads were impassable. I turned my AquaHot on (keeps the fresh tank warms) and ran the heaters in the wet bay. As far as I can tell, everything in these areas remained above freezing.

But something is frozen, and I would guess the line from the fresh tank to the wet bay. That assumes that the line is in the open, under the chassis. Anyone who can confirm this? Sure is a weak link in winterization of the coach.....
What is not working that makes you suspect something is frozen?

No water from faucets?

Are you connected to your daughters house with either electric or water?
Barlow46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:59 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
My coach is hooked up to a 50A line at an RV park about 20 miles away.

My bay heater works. The sewer pipe was not hooked up, and the water line was fully retracted. The lowest temp inside the coach was 64 degrees. I did not have any cabinet doors open, as the AH heating outlets are in the same cabinets.

If I try to run water the pump runs but doesn't sound like it's working, and no water at any sink. But if I hook up the water line all faucets work.

So definitely everything works except for being able to pump water from the fresh tank to any of the taps or toilet.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:44 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCamelot View Post
My coach is hooked up to a 50A line at an RV park about 20 miles away. My bay heater works. The sewer pipe was not hooked up, and the water line was fully retracted. The lowest temp inside the coach was 64 degrees. I did not have any cabinet doors open, as the AH heating outlets are in the same cabinets. If I try to run water the pump runs but doesn't sound like it's working, and no water at any sink. But if I hook up the water line all faucets work. So definitely everything works except for being able to pump water from the fresh tank to any of the taps or toilet.
John,

On many coaches the line from the tank to the pump is right against the floor of the bay. I would look at that spot.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:56 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Let me ask a dumb question.

Is there water in you fresh water tank?
Arch Hoagland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:06 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Also, check your water bay and make sure the "fill water tank" lever is in the closed position.
Barlow46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:37 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks everyone. Temps climbed above freezing, line thawed out, and all is well. Wish all my problems solved themselves this way!
Old 03-05-2014, 11:28 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Had a similar problem with our 04 Imperial. The water tank is in a bay two bays forward of the wet bay. the pipe from the tank to the pump in the wet bay runs to the overhead in the compartment then aft thru two compartments to the wet bay. The temps in So Mo went below freezing into the mid teens in Dec last year. Over a period of days I checked the temps in the compartments I learned that even tho the compartments were not frozen some of the lines that were secured to the floor of the comprtments did show as below freezing. The water line from the fresh tank to the pump was well below freezing over most of its length including in the bay with the tank which has heaters on it to keep it from freezing. To my astonishment, the fresh water supply pipe to the AquaHot unit froze and broke a fitting that adapted 1/2 PEX to the plumbing in the AH unit. At the time I was running the diesel burner and had the heat in the coach set at 65 to keep it from freezing inside. So even in the closed AH compartment with the unit running it froze!!! PEX is pretty resistant to breaking when frozen an I'm thankful for it!!
Ron

Tags
water